Hello..im trying to use my blackberry as a server for wifi on my laptop when ... BlackBerry Bold forum

KG40 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Need help with Bold 9700 and laptop

Advertisement

Hello..im trying to use my blackberry as a server for wifi on my laptop when im parked up in the car.
    Havent a clue how to hook it all up..techno dunce that is i

ok im running windows 7 on laptop

Bold 9700 phone early version running 5.0.0862 or something like that

network.... vodafone

any help much appreciated.

Kev

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    You can use any number of apps to tether your BlackBerry and use it as a modem, either via USB or Bluetooth.

Before I switched to iPhone, I used an app called Tether. Worked great. I now use an app called PdaNet with my iPhone, which also has a BlackBerry app.

Thanks Roger...will vodafone want any extra for it or will it come of my data plan?

You will definitely want to have an unlimited data plan to use any sort of tethering. These apps are set up to use your data plan, so if you have an unlimited plan, you should be good to go and Voda will be none the wiser.

ok dont have unlimited but im not going to be on it all the time and where i can i will use free wifi access so should be ok.

had a look at those apps you kindly gave me....whats the real diff between them apart from the price?......

Not a whole lot that I can tell. They both do pretty much the same thing. I'd still be using Tether, though, if it was available for iPhone. I was involved in the initial beta testing of the app, so it has a special place in my heart.

voodoodoll40 no está en línea Stack level 1
    KG there is also an app you might want to check out called Fixmo Extend. I actually was one of the beta tester's for that and it was a pretty decent piece of software. Check it out; you should be able to find it on BB App World.