Originally Posted by srl7741
Enable Push on the email account. My email also comes faster ... BlackBerry Bold forum
Thanks for info I'll pass it on.
Originally Posted by srl7741
My experience or lack of in 10min with an Iphone 3Gs
Bought one last week, while on lunch break with the team from work
Brought it to work, unboxed (did not read manual) inserted my SIM (nothing happened, except for the screen displaying Itune to sync or download, something like that)
Tried co-worker's SIM (Iphone user, nothing happened and he had a big smirk on his face)
Pulled out the mini-booklet and first thing it said was to d/l Itunes and sync Iphone with a comp (what the F---, what kind of
proprietary crap is that. Suffice to say, Iphone was returned for a full refund after work.
That's how the phone is activated or registered. It can be done in the store by the sales staff or you can also choose to do it yourself at a computer.
Totally agreed. I have been reading about the specs of the 9700 for months and lemme tell ya! WOWOWOWOWOW!!!! its like they took the best of every feature of every kick butt blackberry and squished it all into one sleek, sexy device. Man o Man. and I thought i had a steamy love affair going on with my Bold. It seems now, my Bold will be forced to play second fiddle to this new beautiful addition. An "exotic mistress" if you will. I just cant wait!!!! As for the Iphone. Look, guys. To each his own. Each smartphone serves a separate purpose to different individuals. To me, its not really that any one smartphone is better than the other, its just what suits ur personal needs, likes and dislikes. And in order to fully know what suits you best, you have to date many different devices. hahahah! Good luck whatever you choose!!!
"All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusion is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce (1842-1914)
You should have read the manual. I got an iPod Touch for my birthday and momentarily forgot that it had to be activated to be used. Got home, activated it and haven't been able to put it down since.
Originally Posted by sumthinnew
Hello again everyone. I know there have been posts about the comparison between the Bold and the iPhone but I figured I'd post my opinions now that I've had the phone for a week.
Things "I" miss from my BB/things that the iPhone currently cannot do:
- The blinking reminder light for missed messages, etc.
- The limited # of pre-loaded ringtones and message alerts
- The fact that you cannot have seperate alerts and settings for different email accounts. For example, I do not need an alert on my work email because I get 200 emails/day. But I want an alert for my Gmail account. Its an all or nothing setting on the iPhone.
- The fact that I cannot play Pandora Radio AND do other things on my phone at the same time. There is no minimize function so if you close out of the app, the music stops playing (you can accomplish this though the iPod function though).
- There are no Facebook "push" notifications yet.
- I'm having difficulty viewing .xls docs. It does not come loaded with Documents to Go (you can pay for this app though).
- Battery life is not very long
- Charger that comes with the phone is seriously only like 3ft in length.
- Cannot have iTunes installed on more than 1 computer.
- Cannot make a song saved on the phone as your ringtone
- Cannot delete a song on your phone directly from the device.
- Overall iTunes is a pain in the a**
- When you get a text or a call the vibrate duration is very short. I don't even notice it many times
NOW WITH ALL THAT BEING SAID, Overall the technology in the iPhone is light years ahead of any BB I've seen or owned! I can list all of the features I like, but you can read about them from Apples website. The interface is simply amazing and I'm constantly saying to myself "wow!" what a neat feature or app! For the first few days I was telling myself I made a big mistake and I should have kept with my instincts and "not crossed over to the dark side " I kept thinking that the lack of things mentioned above that were important to me were enough to return back to BB. after a full week with this phone I'm keeping it! Where it lacks in some areas, it makes up for 10 fold in other areas. The browser is super fast, the graphics and color are crystal clear, email is fast, and I can still type very fast without a physical keyboard. Plain and simple, it's just a fun phone to own. For some business professionals it may not suit all of your needs, however for many (including myself) it is adequate.
Anyways, just my 2 cents
Last edited by cjeezy; 10-13-2009 at 01:32 PM.