Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by GregGebhardt I do not understand "push settings on the iPhone for 15, ... BlackBerry Bold forum

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784

Thumbs up

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by GregGebhardt View Post
    I do not understand "push settings on the iPhone for 15, 30, hourly or manually"

Does not sound like real push email to me. Real push email you have no settings like this. When you get a email it is pushed to your phone on a Blackberry. Mine arrive within 10-15 seconds sometimes even less.

I never have that "remote feeling that you may be in receipt of an email", what kind of feeling is that?

Very good point.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Having a real change of heart about making the switch to the iphone. I think I'm gonna tough it out and wait for the next trackballless bb and/or touchscreen or hybrid they've been promising us poor souls.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    I do not understand "push settings on the iPhone for 15, 30, hourly or manually"

Does not sound like real push email to me. Real push email you have no settings like this. When you get a email it is pushed to your phone on a Blackberry. Mine arrive within 10-15 seconds sometimes even less.

I never have that "remote feeling that you may be in receipt of an email", what kind of feeling is that?
    I think that maybe you do know what I mean. If you don't it means sporadically going into your mail client. I've owned BBs and and enjoyed them. To each his own and different strokes for different folks. I enjoy my jailbroken 3G(S) and IMO there isn't a BB on the planet that can touch it. I think I'm allowed to feel that way as you are to your device.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Quote Originally Posted by calm_tiger View Post
    I think that maybe you do know what I mean. If you don't it means sporadically going into your mail client. I've owned BBs and and enjoyed them. To each his own and different strokes for different folks. I enjoy my jailbroken 3G(S) and IMO there isn't a BB on the planet that can touch it. I think I'm allowed to feel that way as you are to your device.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16
    You are allowed to feel that way about your iPhone. It is wonderful that we all have SO MANY choices. I loved my iPhone and my 3Gs still sits in my drawer just in case I get the itch! The iPhone does things the Blackberry will never do and does it with ease.

Enjoy!
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    Having a real change of heart about making the switch to the iphone. I think I'm gonna tough it out and wait for the next trackballless bb and/or touchscreen or hybrid they've been promising us poor souls.
    If the 9700 does not get you excited about Blackberry then it is likely time to do the iPhone. For me the 9700 is the Holy Grail as it has all the bells and whistles plus the track pad. I have used the track pad on another Blacklberry and it is simply the best I could have imagined! Nice smoooooth predictable movement! That what I am talking about! I have used Blackberry way back in the track wheel days (6510, 7510 and 7520) and this new trackpad is a leap forward in the human interface!

We will all know soon as the 9700 is going to be released in about a month or less!
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I think Greg summed it up pretty good on his last post. If the 9700 does nothing for you it's time to try something new. The good thing about that is you will have time to return the new phone and possibly get the 9700 when it's out.

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    I think Greg summed it up pretty good on his last post. If the 9700 does nothing for you it's time to try something new. The good thing about that is you will have time to return the new phone and possibly get the 9700 when it's out.
    Yes he did. But I would also like to add that if the 9700 is not what you're after and what you have now is touchscreen envy I would then recommend the storm 2
    Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.13216/756; U; en) Presto/2.2.0
    Last edited by raton; 10-07-2009 at 10:48 PM.

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4

Ditto

Most of us have all tried the iphone, I left my Blackberry twice to try the iPhone but I came back.

It all comes down to what is most important to you but when it comes to dealing with emails and taking care of business, the iPhone is nothing but a toy in comparison to the Bold. (Sorry but my opinion)

I know many will argue but I want a REAL keyboard with REAL tactile feedback on my device. The glass keyboard will not cut it for me.
    This sums up my experience perfectly. The iPhone was just a toy for me. It really depends on your needs. If you want a browser, play games and watch YouTube Videos. The iPhone is perfect.

But my needs are for communications. I need to be able to get email instantly and keep in touch with my clients via MSN or Messenger. Nothing comes close to the Bold for that.

I admit that the OS is dated, but for sheer functionality, the iPhone can't beat it.

cjeezy no está en línea Stack level 3
    Well everyone, I made the switch to the 16GB 3GS last night. So far I like it except the fact that it does not open excel docs without downloading a $2.99 APP. I'll post my thoughts about it in a few days once I have a chance to toy around with it. As far as the email goes, I've been getting them pushed to the device faster than my Bold...so far.

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Good to hear that and congrats. Hopefully, any questions you may have will be answered promptly.

cjeezy no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thanks!I can tell you I miss my little LED BB reminder light already though! lol.

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by cjeezy View Post
    Thanks!I can tell you I miss my little LED BB reminder light already though! lol.
    That's one of the things I would miss too
    Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.13216/756; U; en) Presto/2.2.0

OzzieDog no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by cjeezy View Post
    Well everyone, I made the switch to the 16GB 3GS last night. So far I like it except the fact that it does not open excel docs without downloading a $2.99 APP. I'll post my thoughts about it in a few days once I have a chance to toy around with it. As far as the email goes, I've been getting them pushed to the device faster than my Bold...so far.
    Question, how did you get it to push your email faster than the Bold? My daughter and her friends have the same iPhone and the best they can get is every 5 minutes. Just wondering.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by OzzieDog View Post
    Question, how did you get it to push your email faster than the Bold? My daughter and her friends have the same iPhone and the best they can get is every 5 minutes. Just wondering.
    Enable Push on the email account. My email also comes faster to my iPhone than it did with my Bold. Actauly my iPhone gets the email before my computer does.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I have found that my yahoo email pushes as fast as my BB did.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C144 Safari/528.16

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast