Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ok, finally I have one. To start with the thing creaks everytime I touch it, ... BlackBerry Bold forum

PIN/ID
    Apple

My new Bold!!!

Advertisement

Ok, finally I have one. To start with the thing creaks everytime I touch it, I think I read that I need to tighten the screws in the back to solve this? Ther keypad also seems to do this. Will the screw thing solve this also? The other things is the text, word wrap issues. I heard that some of this can be fixed with an OS update as I'm running the factory OS from at&t. All right enough of that stuff. This thing is so freakin fast, I love the keyboard. The screen is something incredible. Over all I am really enjoying it and I'm sure I can get some of these issues fixed. I'm going to do some searching around and try to find the fixs I need. Any help with links would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for all the help. Also what does everybody recomend as the best OS right now?

barbuser no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Pin Me
    Congrats on your Bold! Enjoy, it is an awesome device!

applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3
    Being a new Bold user myself, I share your enthusiasm. My device doesn't creak per se, but the keys are louder and "click" when I use them. Not sure about the text and word wrap issues. As far as OS is concerned, the general consensus is that the stock AT&T OS is not good. If you want to stay official, then one of the other carriers' OS releases (.185 and .190) seem to be better. Others say you should go with a "beta" OS. Of those most people agree the .210 release is rock solid. It's the one I'm running right now (only had it for about 24 hours, but it's been fine so far). I don't have a link for it, but if you google for Bold 4.6.0.210 download, you should be able to find a link for it (I think I found the link on a berryreview page - it linked to some download site (megadownload?)). Directions for loading up an OS not put out by your carrier are around the forums here (mainly removing the vendor.xml file). Good luck and enjoy your new device.
    applejosh
    iPhone 4 (AT&T)
    OS 4.3

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    Congrats, it really is a great device !! I am on .210. The one thing that I am noticing on mine is that the battery cover is not as tight as it used to be and that is what is causing [my only] creaking.

Definitely go to this OS version... but I am seen that people are pretty happy with .217 too.

Good Luck !!

fondoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A26BE1
    the bold rocks! i've been using the curve for almost two years and i can type pretty fast on it and when i got the bold, i'm still getting use to the luxuary spacing.
    Upgraded the BlackBerry Curve to BlackBerry Bold 12/1/08.

DeputyPS no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249EF7BC
    I put a business card under the battery door to help with the "creakiness"

bigmarv no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Optional
    It's a great device. I guess my wife and I are fortunant that we have not endure the creaks in our devices.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Yea, after playing around with it today it's
    definitely the batt door. Causing all the creaking. Really annoying for such a nice device. Will try the card trick and see if it helps. Over all though what a bad a*# device. Little more research to do before I decide on the OS looks as though its going to be .210. Kinda want to make sure it going to last before I start swapping os with all th problems some people have had with having to return them. Thanks for all the help stack
    ers.

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    I will do the Card Trick too.....good call

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Ok, cool. The card trick worked pretty well right now. I didn't use a card I found a piece of my levis tag and tore it so it would fit. Its probablly about the thickness off a card. Thanks for the tip

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Ok. End of day 2 with the bold. Loving it. Starting day 3 with .210 OS. See how it does. I honestly didn't see to much wrong with that OS but then I only used it for one day. I researched on here and mostly everybody running .210 seems happy with it. So we'll see. Peace stackers. Thanks for your help.

jdk2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Congratulations one and all in this thread on your purchase. The Bold is a magnificent device which should bring you all many enjoyable hours with which to work and play.

That being said, the practice of inserting Levi's tags, business cards, paper, memos, index cards, matchbook covers or any other item squashed in the battery compartment is questionable at best. Maybe considering this as a temporary fix until such time as you receive a replacement would be acceptable, but a premium device should not need to be retrofitted with user supplied material in order to function properly. If the battery door creaks, it's a sign of weakness, shoddy design, poor workmanship or any number of possibilities in the parts supplied by the retailer. Return it and get one that doesn't need to be jury rigged. It's the premiere device sold by RIM and should look and perform like one. You paid good money for it and should expect nothing less in return.

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jdk2 View Post
    That being said, the practice of inserting Levi's tags, business cards, paper, memos, index cards, matchbook covers or any other item squashed in the battery compartment is questionable at best. Maybe considering this as a temporary fix until such time as you receive a replacement would be acceptable, but a premium device should not need to be retrofitted with user supplied material in order to function properly. If the battery door creaks, it's a sign of weakness, shoddy design, poor workmanship or any number of possibilities in the parts supplied by the retailer. Return it and get one that doesn't need to be jury rigged. It's the premiere device sold by RIM and should look and perform like one. You paid good money for it and should expect nothing less in return.
    That's an excellent post IMO. It's a $500 phone and should act like one. I'd return it too if I got it from my carrier (if you got it ebay unlocked that's a little different deal). I think Archer returned 5 Bolds before he got one he loved. The Storm troopers are tightening little torx screws and cramming cards over the battery to improve the typing and stuff. WUWT?
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Yea, I totally agree. I should not have to do this or any other mods to make it work like it should in the first place. The more I think about it the the madder I get. Probablly going to return this weekend as this is the only free time I have on sun. ? Should downgrade to .167 before the return? Thanks. What's crazy is that my 350 doller pearl never had any issues. And that thing took a real beating and is still in use as my primary voice phone!! Can't tell you how many times I've droped that thing. Lol,
    peace~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Ok, another ?. Bought my bold new through at&t. Will I have to wait on a refurb unit or will I (can I) get one new at the store.
    I really don't want a refurb unit as pointed out before how much I paid for it. Other than the creeking in the batt door in not having any issues. I love the device. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast