Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23

I am in the second day of owning my new Bold. I was so worried ... BlackBerry Bold forum

  1. #1
    icancn2u's Avatar
    icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    722

    My New Bold

    Advertisement



    I am in the second day of owning my new Bold. I was so worried after reading about Archer having to go through six devices and others needing multiple exchanges to get a "good"one.
    I am either very lucky or managed to avoid the batch these came from. I have examined my device and taxed it thoroughly to insure that if there was defects I would find them sooner than later. So far so good.
    Pros
    I love almost everything about it. ( I upgraded from the 8800). The sound and display are amazing.
    I like the feel of the menus
    its fast
    camera takes great pics for a phone cam
    Cons
    Door for micro sd card feel flimsy
    Have to rehide icons and rearrange folders everytime I change themes

  2. #2
    a69scorpio's Avatar
    a69scorpio no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    PIN/ID
    2488b6eb
    Posts
    5

    Smile

    hey when i first got my bold 8320 tmobile i had major problems...... tookabout two months for me to call tmobile and ask for another one.....
    now that it works i love my phone.... now i know why they are called crack berrys

  3. #3
    ChiefT's Avatar
    ChiefT no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    PIN/ID
    249E3C14
    Posts
    33
    Mine has been 100% since day one Nov. 4!
    ChiefT

    Adapt, Overcome, Improvise, Achieve!

  4. #4
    sounmax's Avatar
    sounmax no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5
    Welcome to the club. I have had no issues at all since getting mine at the end of November. I have upgraded the OS almost every week as well. Started at .125 --> .162 --> .185 and now .210.

    Also keep in mind as with any product, there is a small % of defective units. Archer's experience is the exception rather than the rule. There are hundreds of thousands of happy Bold customers out there that we don't hear from.

    Anyway, enjoy. I'm still exploring on mine.

  5. #5
    calm_tiger's Avatar
    calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,418
    Quote Originally Posted by sounmax View Post
    Welcome to the club. I have had no issues at all since getting mine at the end of November. I have upgraded the OS almost every week as well. Started at .125 --> .162 --> .185 and now .210.

    Also keep in mind as with any product, there is a small % of defective units. Archer's experience is the exception rather than the rule. There are hundreds of thousands of happy Bold customers out there that we don't hear from.

    Anyway, enjoy. I'm still exploring on mine.
    Well said.....

  6. #6
    Sirthinks's Avatar
    Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Posts
    1,569
    Mine has been kicking butt since August. Nary a complaint!!
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Posts
    3,806
    Yep same mine has been fully working since launch day 22nd of august Currently loaned to somebody but still kicking !

  8. #8
    EricaJ1073's Avatar
    EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,420
    Quote Originally Posted by a69scorpio View Post
    hey when i first got my bold 8320 tmobile i had major problems...... tookabout two months for me to call tmobile and ask for another one.....
    now that it works i love my phone.... now i know why they are called crack berrys
    You mean Curve 8320. T-Mobile doesn't have the Bold yet.


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Posts
    3,806
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    You mean Curve 8320. T-Mobile doesn't have the Bold yet.
    yeah by writing 8320 im sure he meant curve

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    373
    im one of the very happy customers that has had the bold from day one with no issues

  11. #11
    offthahorseceo's Avatar
    offthahorseceo no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    Posts
    1,562
    Mine is great software wise, no hiccups but, my screen has a very faint red hue on the left side which seems to fade to white the greenish on the right. It is VERY faint. My girlfriend doesn't even see it. I would call it a side effect of staring at a bright screen but when I turn I pside down the colors move. If I was just seeing things it would look the same upside down...~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  12. #12
    archer6's Avatar
    archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,996
    Quote Originally Posted by offthahorseceo View Post
    Mine is great software wise, no hiccups but, my screen has a very faint red hue on the left side which seems to fade to white the greenish on the right. It is VERY faint. My girlfriend doesn't even see it. I would call it a side effect of staring at a bright screen but when I turn I pside down the colors move. If I was just seeing things it would look the same upside down...~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    That's how my fourth Bold acted for two days, they it got so bad that it only displayed those colors, the rest was blank. If you are within your 30 days you may wish to return it.

    sent via BlackBerry Bold #6
    ~(wap.pinstack.com)~

  13. #13
    icancn2u's Avatar
    icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    722
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    Yep same mine has been fully working since launch day 22nd of august Currently loaned to somebody but still kicking !
    you actually loan a berry out???? my wife and I barely let each touch the others lol

  14. #14
    priest_spy's Avatar
    priest_spy no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    PIN/ID
    24A5F6DD
    Posts
    26
    i got Bold on september. Everything is perfectly working. I just left it for my friend and bought javelin 8900. it's cool.

  15. #15
    swtmango's Avatar
    swtmango no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    PIN/ID
    22f00895
    Posts
    82
    Have my bold for two weeks now..no problems @ all..Love my bold!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •