I am trying to xfer some files from my PC to my device and the ... BlackBerry Bold forum

tessitori no está en línea Stack level 3

My Issues with Bold

Advertisement

I am trying to xfer some files from my PC to my device and the media manager does not work - yes I downloaded the latest version! When I am in the DM the device shows as being connected but when clicking on the media manager icon nothing happens! I also downloaded the BB storage activation.rar file and ran that but nothing happens after doing that as well! Also, when I click on My computer, I see the C, D and E drives but I do not see the BB anywhere! Any thoughts/suggestions?

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    Try unplugging the BB from the PC, restart your PC and it should show... I had the same issue with my Bold and it not being recognized by my PC, but once I installed the BB storage activation.rar file and restarted my PC, it worked just fine.

Impak, just reeboted the PC and still the same issue! Any other suggestions?

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4

I am running 4.7

try using 4.6, it seems to work better han 4.7. i had some difficutlies with 4.7 as well, and once i went back to 4.6 everything worked fine.

I'll try that, thanks! But the fact remains that when I connect the 9000 to the pc via usb cable it is still not seen as an additional drive!

go into your drivers and delete the one for the phone and reboot. when you plug in the phone again it should detect it and reinstall the driver. it mght have just gotten corrupt some how.

riffman no está en línea Stack Professional
    Why don't you just copy and paste the files? I don't even use media manager and I transfer files the old fashioned way- works great- Chris
    Samsung Vibrant, OS2.1
    " I do many things well- none of which generate income"
    - riffman

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by tessitori View Post
    I'll try that, thanks! But the fact remains that when I connect the 9000 to the pc via usb cable it is still not seen as an additional drive!
    First, did you download the Desktop Manager with Media Manager? Actually, though, Riffman's advice is good. Media Manager isn't really worth the extra space it takes up, nor the additional download time.

Second, do you have a media card in the device? I am assuming you do, so go to Options>Media Card and make sure you have Media Card Support set to ON and Mass Storage Support Mode set to ON. As for the third option, Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected, set this to PROMPT. This way, when you want to transfer media to the card, you'll select YES when prompted when you connect your device to the PC/laptop. Otherwise, if you're not using your device to transfer media, you can select NO to simply charge your device or use DM to do backups, etc.

Hope this helps!

Roger
    Last edited by RogerG; 04-09-2009 at 04:41 PM.