Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

minus email and pin messaging. ok first off the screen jumps out at you like ... BlackBerry Bold forum

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

my first week with the bold

Advertisement

minus email and pin messaging.

ok first off the screen jumps out at you like you have a 1080p flat screen built into your phone. ITS un real.. literally looks unreal. its the sharpest brightest most beautiful screen ive ever seen on any phone or electronics device.

browser mine is buggy because i have no pin at the moment. (i think) so i downloaded opera mini and all problems solved. with full 5 bars of 3G service in my house. no wi-fi. this things blows away the speed of any phone blackberry and non blackberry ive used. ive done speed tests already. so i wont bore you.

when compared to a 8330 and an lg dare i have in hands. its like almost funny how much fast the bold is. there is 0 and i mean zero lag. there is not one web page thats taken over 10 seconds to complete rendering.. its almost unreal untill you have it and see for yourself.

call quality. amazing. crisp clear and extremely loud! i have the volume all the way down and its still crisp loud and perfect. even when driving and transitioning from edge to 3g and back. works seamless with blue tooth headset. and sounds far better then my curve in iffy areas.

build quality/size/feel
    build quality is very very sturdy. feels like it was built for a picky ceo. and the leather backing which bb users and none have told me looks sexy. i agree i love it.. after using 2 curves for a year and a half. when i first got the bold in my hands. it felt monstrous yet so effortlessly comfy in the hand. i type faster on the bold then my curve and feel less strain after a day of heavy texting (no bbm) its big yet after a day or two feels compact and easy easy to use. i love it.

keyboard.. as of right now after using it for the week. its the best keyboard blackberry has ever come out with on a device. as i said i type faster on the bld then the curve but the big winner on it is that the bold is much more comfy and much better built more solid feeling keyboard with just about no mistakes or typos.

UI/apps/games.. the interface on it is the same as any other blackberry just in a hd resolution the themes look amazing. clean clear and crisp.. comes with word doc to go slide show to go and everything you bb has now. nothing ground breaking here tbh.
    games: it comes pre loaded with texas hold em, sudoku, word mole and brick breaker. the pre loaded games are ok... but they need to utilize this amazing screen and making some more intense games for the boring times when all viigo articles are done being read...

holding a 3G signal.. its like the bold has a radar to pick it up fully. i am in nyc so there is 3G available in most places. but comparing my phone to other att 3g phones i almost always have full 5 bars of 3g.

mobile speed test... i used a few sites to check out the mobile speed test. with full 5 bars of 3g all the sites when i run it (which ive done a hundred times lol) its went from 1.2 mbps to 3.1 mbps.. with wi-fi on i hit 5.0-5.3 mbps every single time. (i have fios with apple extreme router) i dont no how accurate these speed test sites are but when doing it from a dare which is verizon evdo rev a im between 500-800 KBPS everytime.

camera and video- the beauty of the camera although its only 2mp. the screen resolution makes the pictures look like they where taken from a 5mp nokia 95 which ive use and can compare it too. video is not so clear on it unless your close up interview style few feet away filming.. but thats expected. still better then curve and pearl.

battery life. well after 12 hours of full use with jive talk on the whole time. about an hour or 2 of browsing. and about an hour of calls. 30-50 texts sent and the same received. and viigo updating every hour. im at 40% by the days end. the beauty about the bold is you can run it straight down to 0 the radio doesnt turn off and you will NOT LOSE ANY DATA. ive done it straight to 0% and device turn off. all was good fully charged up in 90 min.

worth the wait?? yes without a doubt. i was starting to get anxious and annoyed because i wanted one finally i got one. and although the email and bbm doesnt currently work. it is by far the BEST phone i have ever used in my life. its like a lap-top in a hand held form factor. its amazing.

anything i missed ask and i will answer if i can. keep in mind i have no email and pin at the moment when asking questions. thanks hope this helps curb you anxiousness.

verdict- its worth the wait by far. all around 10.
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

poetic_stud no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215a5bb1
    what about javelin should i get it since i just got my curve im with tmobile is the javelin better than the curve

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    Qp~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Awesome post! Thank you. Will be absolutely thrilled when I finally get one

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Thanks for the review, Nick! Sounds awesome!

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Great Review, Boy the wait is Cruel...

dubai_bb no está en línea Stack level 3
    thank you... great news, i cant wait to get my hands on it here on sat/sun. Unfortunately if the pin is disabled here as well i wont be using it, will have to put it for sale on ebay or something. I already carry around 2 phones, so i cant carry around 3, and I am not giving up my E71.
    Last edited by dubai_bb; 08-19-2008 at 10:28 AM.

RCode no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304F0A29
    why is email and pin msging disabled?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

That's what I want to know. If he was able to use JiveTalk and the web, why didn't pin and email work?

SmashingPumpkin no está en línea Stack level 1
    For someone who never used a Blackberry, shall he get the Bold or the Curve?

SmashingPumpkin no está en línea Stack level 1
    Why is the pin disabled?

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

That's what I want to know. If he was able to use JiveTalk and the web, why didn't pin and email work?
    Because you can use jive talk and the web with opera with regular data settings, but for BB functions you have to be able to connect to the BIS/BES network.
    8900 Curve, IPHONE 3G, SAMSUNG JET, NOKIA E71, BOLD, STORM 9500

Quote Originally Posted by SmashingPumpkin View Post
    For someone who never used a Blackberry, shall he get the Bold or the Curve?

I have the curve and I hate it. Would definitely go with the BOLD, especially if you live outside North America and are used to having 3G.
    8900 Curve, IPHONE 3G, SAMSUNG JET, NOKIA E71, BOLD, STORM 9500

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by SmashingPumpkin View Post
    Why is the pin disabled?
    The pins on a lot of the (I'm guessing) unauthorized pre-released Bolds are blocked. RIM says they'll be unblocked once the Bold is officially released.
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    the pin is locked and will remain that way untill the bold releases in the usa. as soon as it releases on buisness channels all the bolds out now on att that have diactivated pins will be activated. as long as its not a prototype. which its not. this has been confirmed by a rim rep i spent a half hour begging to activate my pin...
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

duval_happiness no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2449b097
    Great review can't wait till I have my own Bold. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast