and it makes a popping sound occasionally. Is anyone else having this problem? Plus my ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Droopidog no está en línea Stack level 2

My Bold gets really hot

Advertisement

and it makes a popping sound occasionally. Is anyone else having this problem?

Plus my battery drains really quickly, any way to get more use from my battery? I have let it die out completely and charge overnight once should I do it one more time?

Thanks

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Droopidog View Post
    and it makes a popping sound occasionally. Is anyone else having this problem? Plus my battery drains really quickly,
    If you have a warranty, I would take advantage of that, and return it. The problems you describe are signs that most probably you have a bad unit. If it's getting hot, there could be any one of a number of problems. I would not take any chances, and take action to get it replaced. If you do not have a warranty, tell us where you got it, and perhaps one of us will have some other ideas for you.

Droopidog no está en línea Stack level 2
    My husband bought it for me. I am sure he got it off of Ebay from a store called BH Liquadations. It was brand new in the package.

It is a Rogers unlocked and it does have the one year warranty. I hate the though of maybe having to give up my phone and wait for a new one. But I would really hate for this one to go out on me. I have only had it for 3 days and i am addicted to it.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    You should send it back. You wouldn't want that thing to melt or explode on your person but that's just the worst case scenario.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Yep +1 on the use the warranty those issues sound like a bad connexion that makes your device contain heat. but then again Archer is the engineer here .

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Return it asap! Lithium batteries don't have a memory and running them down will not enhance battery life.
    Best of luck

psallee no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    243705F2
    I've had a similar problem with the sound and heat. I wasn't sure if that was supposed to be happening. I got mine from a AT&T store, does that automatically have a warranty?

How fast should the browser be? Same speed as my home computer or should it take a second or two to load?

BBjunkie87 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20F7D02D
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yes, att gives you (I believe) a one year warranty

PIN/ID
    20F7D02D
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~as for the browser do you mean loading web pages, or the app itself? Pages will depend on service, as for the app itself I couldn't tell you. Havnt had the chance to use a bold yet. I know on my 8800 its pretty fast give or take a few seconds

psallee no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    243705F2
    just talking about web browsing. I've used an iphone before and saw the speed of the browser and just trying to find some point of reference for how fast my browser should be. it seems faster than my curve, but I want to make sure I didn't mess something up and am getting the most out of the phone.

PIN/ID
    20F7D02D
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i wouldn't expect it to be faster than safari on the iPhone, safari seems to render pages a bit better. IMO BB still needs to work on their browser, but RIM has made some pretty big steps. So, in a nut shell, it seems normal for it to take a few seconds to load a page so nothing to fear there

tigerbluemusic no está en línea Stack level 3
    Mine did this. Usually when it was updating e-mails or running a few tasks at once. I ended up flashing my blackberry. I have also updated to os 4.6.0.168 and things have been much improved. No overheating

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Your phone either has a physical defect or it is doing something constantly in the background. Have you installed any 3rd party software?

Just updating to the most recent OS might help.

Try before you return

OzzieDog no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have had my Bold less than two weeks, today the battery overheated after 20 min of talk time and turned itself off. Took battery out and waited for it to cool, put it back in and it did the same thing only this time was less than 10 minutes.
    Called AT&T they are suppose to send me a new one. Hope this works longer. My go back to the curve. Rats

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Quote Originally Posted by OzzieDog View Post
    I have had my Bold less than two weeks, today the battery overheated after 20 min of talk time and turned itself off. Took battery out and waited for it to cool, put it back in and it did the same thing only this time was less than 10 minutes.
    Called AT&T they are suppose to send me a new one. Hope this works longer. My go back to the curve. Rats
    It is rare but sometimes a new device will have a problem. Your new one should be fine unless you are very unlucky. If thsi was happening to everyone here, can you imagine the posts?

Enjoy your new Bold.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL