Hey Everyone. I got had a big problem with my blackberry bold today. It froze ... BlackBerry Bold forum

anoxia187 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

My Bold Died

Advertisement

Hey Everyone. I got had a big problem with my blackberry bold today. It froze then call failed issues i got home from work and look at the screen and i had lines on the left hand side and a white screen on the right hand side. I am getting a new one from Rogers on Wednesday. I was able to do a backup tho. But i got a problem I lost all my Blackberry Messenger Contacts i have the bb backup saved on my computer how do i get my contact back ? Is it possible or do i need to add them manually ?

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    if you have the backup on your computer then when you get your new phone you should be able to restore from your backup.

when you get your new phone, hook it up to your computer and open DM.

in DM click on backup/restore select restore and it will ask you from what file, after you choose your backup it should throw all of that info on your new BB.
    you can also go through the advanced option (under backup\restore) and select only specific things out of your backup that you want to put back on your phone.

that should help pin or PM if you have any issues
    Last edited by luciferseamus; 08-30-2008 at 10:46 PM. Reason: more info...
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

bassvictim no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    HEAD
    yeah, it should all be in DM if you did the backup. what are you doing with the old Bold? i'll be more than happy to take it off your hands!
    "I am a robot, I like robots, I have a robot vagina." -JP,Grandma's boy

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    right!
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

duval_happiness no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2449b097
    Quote Originally Posted by bassvictim View Post
    yeah, it should all be in DM if you did the backup. what are you doing with the old Bold? i'll be more than happy to take it off your hands!
    This is all correct and that's why I love Blackberry for the back-up and reassurance that you'll be alright if anything happend to the gizmo.

anoxia187 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Old Bold has to go back to rogers, as it still under warranty i have not even had it a week yet lol.

For DM backup yes i backed up my broken bold and restored that copy to my Curve everything works fine except for BB Messenger all my contact will not load. I loaded up my old backup that i did 2 weeks ago on my curve and got all my contacts back kinda werid. Maybe 4.6 os will not let you upload the messenger contacts to a 4.2 os on blackberry messenger ?