When I got my Bold on release day, I was disappointed about the battery only ... BlackBerry Bold forum

ccostel no está en línea Stack level 3

Smile My Battery Performance

Advertisement

When I got my Bold on release day, I was disappointed about the battery only lasting about 14 hours. I mentioned it to my AT&T rep after I gave it a week. We decided to try replacing the battery. It took about 5 weeks for me to get it. In the mean time, I upgraded the OS to 210 beta and it helped a little. During this time my girlfriend got her first Blackberry ... a Bold. Her battery life is fenominal... she charges it every other night and is on the original OS 167.

Now I have a new Battery. After a day at work I use to have about 50% battery left. Now after a day at work I have around 80% and am able to charge every other night if I want to. Is there a chance that the battery issues being as varied as they are that they may not be build quality of the phone but instead quality of the battery? Oh ya, both Bolds were built in Hungary.

spudgunnerwryyy no está en línea Stack level 2
    My only comment would bet that the usage of the two devices would differ causing different battery lives.

It wouldn't explain how my battery life has doubled with the same usage for me and the only difference is MY new battery. I haven't changed OS, usage pattern, or area since replacing the battery. I have had the new battery for about 6 days usage.
    Last edited by ccostel; 01-09-2009 at 11:38 PM.

That does seem odd, maybe it wasn't the battery but rather the device. Quality control on the bold has proven to be lackluster so perhaps the connection from phone to battery is faulty. .210 improved my battery life substantially over the att .167
    Just a note
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

For me it is the same exact phone just a new battery installed. I have been on 210 for several weeks and I agree it is much better. I have had the old battery out many times before I found out how to do a reboot without it.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Could be the battery. Not sure where they are made. I will have to look. I notice that with my first bold the battery wouldn't. Last 3/4 of the workday before having to charge it. Like you .210 OS helped. With bold #2 it seems better as I can get through the work day but having to charge it when I get home. Saying that my day is a 12-13 hours,starting at 6. I'm going to give it a couple of days seeing that I am well within my 30 day period. If it doesn't seem up to par hen I will try getting a new one and see what happens. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

My bold lasts about 15 hours with heavy sms usgae (500 average) and decent browsing (stacks and facebook)
    At the end of the day I listen to music a bunch and when I am done with that I have around 20-25%

My usage is no where near that. I use facebook, weatherbug, do about 10-15 sms and very lite browsing. About 15 phone calls a day around 2-5 min each. I start around 8am and have about 80% left at 5pm.

That's very decent battery life. But for the amount of usage it seens like it could be higher.

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by ccostel View Post
    My usage is no where near that. I use facebook, weatherbug, do about 10-15 sms and very lite browsing. About 15 phone calls a day around 2-5 min each. I start around 8am and have about 80% left at 5pm.
    That sounds about normal, about at 83XX Curve levels.
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

Agreed, especially since the curve has great battery life.