Some on my address book entries appear to be missing while one appears to be ... BlackBerry Bold forum

o1sowise no está en línea Stack level 3

Question My address book is corrupt

Advertisement

Some on my address book entries appear to be missing while one appears to be duplicated dozens of times.

IntelliSync ignores the address book. No errors, just never even tries to sync it

I tried changing my IntelliSync options to go one-way, from Outlook to the BB, but still no syncing.

If I look in DM's Backup and Restore Advanced, and compare it to a good backup I took two days ago, both Address Book - All and Address Book Options are greyed out (not selectable) in the file window and neither appear at all in the device window. However, a warning appears at the bottom saying, "Databases that are unavailable in the list have been configured for wireless synchronization or wireless backup and are read-only. You cannot restore or clear them"

At this point, all I want to do is clear the address book DB and reload it from Outlook.

HELP!

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    In your address book, go to Options and down to Contact Lists. You should have one entry that says 'default'. Select that and see if Wireless Synchronization is enabled.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

Quote Originally Posted by MStrawder View Post
    In your address book, go to Options and down to Contact Lists. You should have one entry that says 'default'. Select that and see if Wireless Synchronization is enabled.
    Wireless Synchronization says, "Not Available"

Because of multiple problems, one mentioned here, one mentioned there, and a few others, I have decided to wipe and reload my 9700.
    Where can I find a good checklist of things I need to do to prepare for this?

P.S. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by o1sowise; 04-02-2010 at 03:11 PM.

Problem solved without a reload!
    Check this out!!!

zlatan24 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by o1sowise View Post
    Some on my address book entries appear to be missing while one appears to be duplicated dozens of times.

IntelliSync ignores the address book. No errors, just never even tries to sync it

I tried changing my IntelliSync options to go one-way, from Outlook to the BB, but still no syncing.

If I look in DM's Backup and Restore Advanced, and compare it to a good backup I took two days ago, both Address Book - All and Address Book Options are greyed out (not selectable) in the file window and neither appear at all in the device window. However, a warning appears at the bottom saying, "Databases that are unavailable in the list have been configured for wireless synchronization or wireless backup and are read-only. You cannot restore or clear them"

At this point, all I want to do is clear the address book DB and reload it from Outlook.

HELP!
    For solving out troubles connected with corrupted or lost address book you may use address book recovery. It owns various features such as restoring wab files, it working under any Windows OS. The utility has modern and easy to use interface due to almost every experienced users.