Ok so this has been happening for a while. When I first bought it (2 ... BlackBerry Bold forum

grivan no está en línea Stack level 1

My 9700 Keeps Rebooting!

Advertisement

Ok so this has been happening for a while. When I first bought it (2 months ago) it would reboot once a week, now its happening like three times a week. Sometimes 4 times in a row. I am with Tmo and running OS 5.0.0.330. Any help, suggestions??

thanks.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Do you have insurance? You probably should've exchanged it that first month you had it if it was a common occurrence. This shouldn't be happening. Maybe try updating the OS, but there is something wrong with the phone that warrants an exchange.

Yeah, I have insurance. I'm calling Tmo tonight! Thanks.

labevlol no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    BREEEEEE
    I've had my 9700 for two days and not only does it restart on its own ill pick it up off the counter or my bed and it will be completely off. The only way to turn it back on is a battery pull. I'm def going back to the store

I must have gotten the last good one

labevlol no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    BREEEEEE
    For reals haha

manx driver no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    I went through FOUR 8900s with the same problem -- replaced the phones, repaced the SIM, still rebooted. Then cs asked if TMO had replaced the battery. That solved the problem!! I would suggest that before you get a new phone, ask them for a new battery. If you lose power, it will reboot.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    My two cents...I had a similar problem with a 9520 and the techs diagnosed a fault with the charger socket (via Micro USB) which could only be fixed at the manufacturer. I was lucky and Vodafone gave me a substitute immediately.

obisun no está en línea Stack level 1

My 9700 Keeps Rebooting!

Quote:
    manx driver
    I went through FOUR 8900s with the same problem -- replaced the phones, repaced the SIM, still rebooted. Then cs asked if TMO had replaced the battery. That solved the problem!! I would suggest that before you get a new phone, ask them for a new battery. If you lose power, it will reboot.

My phone (BOLD 9700 - TMO) has been rebooting itself quite a bit lately. I've only had it for about 4 months, but i think the battery is shot as well. I've tried my wall charger and car charger, but still no luck. Most of the problems I've had are related to heavy usage of apps like (SocialScope and MLB At Bat 2010)

I'll try and come back here and give an update when I get a new battery.

I called tmo last week and they told me to update/reload the OS, so I did. And the phone is still rebooting, but now its doing it like for an hour straight just keeps rebooting over and over again. I'm going to the store in an hour to try a new battery.

Ok, I just got my replacement 9700 that tmo sent me and it came with OS 5.0.0.586. SWEET! Such a big difference. Its super fast compared to other phone.

Excellent news, Grivan! Interesting that Tmo is sending 586 on their 9700s - mine is still less than a month and i had to upgrade to 586

moembamba no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    YOU PROBABLY FIXED THIS ALREADY , BUT TRY REMOVING YOUR MEDIA CARD AND FORMATTING IT.IF THE PROBLEM IS STILL THERE CHECK THE BATTERY .IF U STILL HAVE ISSUES ,TRY JL_CMDER/I WOULDNT DO THIS BEFORE A BACKUP OR IF YOURE STILL @ ROOKIE STATUS .GOOD LUCK :-)