Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Yes, it shows full 3G and wifi active. I recently resent those service books and ... BlackBerry Bold forum

harm_dzines no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Yes, it shows full 3G and wifi active. I recently resent those service books and received the nofications that the emails have been activated. So slowely getting back to normal.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    When you reloaded your OS, Blackberry Messenger should have been included. Check your folders for the bbm icon. It is probably there in the instant messaging folder
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

Also check your mobile settings. Options/mobile network. I had mine set to wifi preferred. Then check your Browser in options/advanced options and choose what you want there. Usually it would be Blackberry.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

When you install a new OS, you need to check the boxes of what you want to include with it. That is why you might have lost your apps. BBM is one that should have been checked. If you can't find it, you can go back into your DM/applications with your berry hooked up by USB and check the box for bbm and load it back on.

Also, go into messages and then hit menu go into options and go through all the email options that you would like. That's all I can think of for now with setting up your phone. Hope it helps. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

If you can't find bbm at all, You can find it at:
    www.blackberry.com/messenger or at mobile.blackberry.com

pdxmatts, thank you for all of your help! I really appreciate it!
    Yes I had to redownload BB messenger as it was not in the IM folder. I got in touch with Shazam and they hooked me up with the full app since I had already paid for it.

That is great news! I wanted to add these two tips as well that I always do when I upgrade or re-install an OS. This helps the edge or 3G/wifi handover run smoother.

Try going into Manage connections/wifi options/ and highlight your wireless router name/hit menu/move/and move it to the top of the list and save.

You can also go to manage connections/wifi options and then highlight your router name hit menu/edit, then scroll down to Allow inter-access point handover and make sure that it is checked.

Issue I am having since the crash and burn. Everytime I go and hit the menu button, I get the "switch application" mini menu pop up. I have to hit the menu button 4-5 times before the before either the regular menu comes up or the rest of the apps show up whwen I am on the home screen. This is really annoying...

miltw3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Had the same problem when I picked up my 9700 from the T-mobile store. The rep was in the process of setting my phone up and transferring my data from my 8800 and it crashed over and over. After going through the third device thinking there was a problem with the phone, we turned off the WIFI while in 3G mode and it worked fine and stopped crashing. This phone has major issues dealing with a 3G and WIFI environment. Try turning off the Wifi. Anyone else concur? I confirmed this with T-mobile also. Can anyone concur/clarify?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Hasn't been a problem for me on AT&T with the 9700.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12