I'm using a voicemail service that sends you the voicemail message via a mp3 file, ... BlackBerry Bold forum

drjamie03 no está en línea Stack level 3

mp3 files and Bold?

Advertisement

I'm using a voicemail service that sends you the voicemail message via a mp3 file, but they won't play on my Bold. When I try to download them, it says I'm trying to download a file that won't play on the Bold. But the extension is .mp3. I'm pretty sure .mp3 files play...anyone have any ideas? Could it be the size of the filename (they are a string of numbers, like 8125423965254.mp3)?

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    It sounds like a protected file, you know that DRM. Have you played other music/mp3 files on your Bold before.

novalovr66 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249E4BA7
    I have never heard of a protected MP3, only WMA and ACC.

It very well could be the file name, have you tried to rename the files at all? Can you play them on your computer?

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    I'd also opt to think that its some sort of invalid file name more then a weird type of DRM mp3 file.

Its also possible that without being DRM protected there is some sort of compatibility issues with some phones and/or operating system versions.

Why not contavt the software vendor to see if there are any limitations in place that you might not know of?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

The files do play on the computer. I'll try renaming them and see what happens.

Just tried it and when I try to play the renamed file, it says "unrecognized document format'. Sounds like the phone is assuming that anything attached is a document and is trying to open it as such. Does this make sense?

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by drjamie03 View Post
    I'm using a voicemail service that sends you the voicemail message via a mp3 file, but they won't play on my Bold. When I try to download them, it says I'm trying to download a file that won't play on the Bold. But the extension is .mp3. I'm pretty sure .mp3 files play...anyone have any ideas? Could it be the size of the filename (they are a string of numbers, like 8125423965254.mp3)?
    I don't think the size of the mp3 should matter as we are able to listen to any size mp3 from the music player on the phone. However, if they are sending it as a mms, I know that for ringtone mms, you can't send one that is over 30 seconds long.

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    It is possible that its because of the way the mp3's are being sent to you, its very likely that the Bold is getting confused and not recognizing them as what they are. Have you had a chance to try any third party media players on your Bold just in case its just the media player?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

novalovr66 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249E4BA7
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyo0tdemon View Post
    I don't think the size of the mp3 should matter as we are able to listen to any size mp3 from the music player on the phone. However, if they are sending it as a mms, I know that for ringtone mms, you can't send one that is over 30 seconds long.
    I don't think he was talking about the actual size of the MP3, I think he meant the size of the file name.

daolao24 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    203d8551
    I had this issue with a video file and it was because it was over 3 meg. No idea why that is the media limit for picking files up via 3g.