Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Got my 78 year old dad a phone with AT&T and I have to call ... BlackBerry Bold forum

feriendb no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

Got my 78 year old dad a phone with AT&T and I have to call him back at least 3 times because of dropped calls! I finally just call his home phone. It's a joke. He lives in San Antonio's west side. I know it's not the phone or environment (trees, interference, lead room, etc.) It is ridiculous! Come on AT&T, get with it!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I'm on ATT, and only had one dropped call in 6 mos with my Bold and none in 5 weeks with my 8900.

jblaze no está en línea Stack level 1
    AT&T 3G seems to drop calls and have problems staying fully connected. However, EDGE has been amazing for me in terms of voice quality. I can even talk in elevators.

For those having problems, try using the phone in EDGE mode vs. 3G and see if the quality improves.

jlsound no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have occasional dropped calls (at least 1 day), but I couldn't receive MMS messages for about 6 months. Finally, after they did everything but replace my unit, they replaced my unit!!! It was under warranty so I didn't care. However, I can receive MMS, but I have to act as if I am forwarding it to someone before I see the picture or video.

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Quote Originally Posted by feriendb View Post
    Got my 78 year old dad a phone with AT&T and I have to call him back at least 3 times because of dropped calls! I finally just call his home phone. It's a joke. He lives in San Antonio's west side. I know it's not the phone or environment (trees, interference, lead room, etc.) It is ridiculous! Come on AT&T, get with it!
    No matter if you want to believe it or not, it is all about location and signal. Too many here have great service with AT&T. I can not remember having a dropped call in Jacksonville. If it is that bad where you Dad lives you should have done him a favor and moved him to another carrier.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Agree with Greg that location can make all the difference. My neighbor has the 8900 just like me and is on T-Mo, just like me, but I get 2-3 in my house, while he only gets 1-2 most days. His house is only about 30 yards from mine.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    It is called RF Propagation. It can be a mysterious and unpredictable.

It is so easy to blame the carrier but no matter how many towers they have there are always going to be some problem areas for ALL carriers!
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234