Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Originally Posted by archer6 What has been done to identify the exact cause of the ... BlackBerry Bold forum

manoffire21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30bd08b8

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    What has been done to identify the exact cause of the issues you are experiencing?
    well they had me change my tilt 6 times my sim card twice. then they put 4 support tickets out for the network and had me call the guy and give him a call log of when and where the dropped call or calls took place and to what number. like just now on my bold it did the same thing talking to my gf it has given me a call faild error while on the phone 4 times already. i give up!! att service sucks!!!
    storm 9530
    PIN: 3051C125

PittsDriver no está en línea Stack level 3
    I can 100% honestly not remember the last time I dropped a call...
    A&P.
    Aerobatic Pilot.
    PIN:249E6C28 feel free to add

jm12345 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I had experienced this issue a number of times before I received this Bold (by the way I am on my 4th Bold). To put the details out there:
    - I live in NYC
    - I bought my original Bold the day it was released in another city
    - I experience drops calls NUMEROUS places, these places are considered covered by ATT
    - I have experimented with all different firmwares

In the end I just kept sending back my phone and they kept sending me a new one. My final one I've had for about 2 weeks now and do not have a problem, however I have stated if I experience another problem I will strongly consider moving networks. It is just incredibly frustrating having my phone drop all these calls especially considering the amount I am on it (family in Florida, other parts on NY, Arizona and Cali). I am currently running .216 and only experienced 1 drop call for those 2 weeks (knock on wood).

To the OP: Go to AT&T and tell them everything. Tell them where you live, where you travel to and from the most, where you experience the drop calls, etc. Come to find out with mine they stated they have full cell coverage in my area however would later conclude the cell covereage actually isn't that well and will be fixing that. Good luck.

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4
    i live just outside ncy (like 10 minutes) and i have yet to have a drop call on at&t. im on os .210 and it's been great. never had a problem either on my pearl or curve either.

flushbob no está en línea Stack level 2
    thanks for everyone's posts. some interesting info I was able to take back. You have all given me some ideas to look into to fix the issue. keep em comin. im going to call AT&T, try a new os build possibly and make sure I get full bars when i answer/make calls.

we'll see what happens next....

ccostel no está en línea Stack level 3
    I drop at least 2 or 3 calls a day and get Call Failed. I have also noticed that the person on the other end can't hear me after a few minutes into a call sometimes. I hang up and call again and it is fine.

tippmann15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I had this problem with att a few years ago. Pretty much it didnt work in the house, i would call it in sets of ten and usually only 3 or 4 would go through. Tmobile was the same for me, i tried toi make it work because i was on amazing plab (and loved my pearl), but i eventually had to pay the 200 drop put fee (and yes the coverage map did show 2nd highest coverage *boggle*). So i just had to do what was logical, pick between sprint and verizon, simply everything won out ;-)
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    as far as data to me att is excellent for the most part, i use my bold for data but the voice end is ehh at best. so i have my trusty verizon flip phone for voice.
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

TeriO no está en línea Stack level 3
    I am having the same issue. I am almost certain that it's my phone though. I had one Bold, but it was having some issues, so I took it back to AT&T before my 30 days were up and I had to contact the warranty department. So, they gave me a new phone and while my previous issues are OK, this one keeps dropping calls. It's a daily thing and has never been a problem for me until this 2nd Bold.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by flushbob View Post
    hello,

i have a bold with AT&T. I upgraded the OS to 4.6.0.210 because i heard good things. and my bold runs just fine from battery to gps to 3rd party applications to no memory leaks.

THe version that it came with was decent to except for the memory draining out like crazy which was irritating so i moved up a build or 2.

anyways, my real issue is that I am getting crazy amounts of dropped calls. Usually the second time I call, it will stay connected but the first call i make or recieve from a person has a 50% chance of going dead and then displaying the message, "CALL FAILED."

anyone else having this problem???...is there anyone out there who knows how to stop this. It's really starting to get annoying especially when I get the occasional important call and the dam thing drops the call and I end up speaking to myself for an extra 20seconds without even knowing.

ALSO, anyone getting the issue where the call gets dropped and the person who you are talking to get re-directed to some spanish recording??...i have had 2 or 3 reports of those as well.

COMMENTS, FIXES, CURES, anyone else having same issues or know why this is happening???

what a bitter sweet my bold relationship is sometimes.
    I switched over to AT&T when the iPhone 3G was released. I had more dropped call in a day than I had completed ones. It was so irritating and of course the AT&T store was absolutely no help. Apple issued OS updates and it seemed to help as my dropped calls when down in numbers. So I began thinking the dropped calls were hardware related? Apple then issues yet another OS update and my reception seemed better and again less dropped calls.
    When the Bold was released I was still so upset with AT&T and or the iPhones dropped calls and the "Failed Call". So i purchased the Bold for several reason but one of the reasons was to see if I still had dropped calls each day.
    Guess what? Since switching over to the Bold I have not had one dropped call. This again makes me think the dropped calls are hardware/software related and maybe not just AT&T's network? I'm still in search of possible reasons.
    Currently I'm using the Bold but still have the iPhone 3G active. When I place a call on the Bold the conversation is great. If i hang up and use the iPhone 3G to make the call to the same person the call reception is horrible and often drops the call.

an FYI post for those still looking for reasons that it occurs.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    For clarification: while on a call my phone slipped out of my hand, fell to the pavement, the battery popped out & when I picked it up it was off. Does that qualify as a "dropped call?".
    If so, then AT&T let me down with the first dropped call in five years .....

~via BlackBerry Smartphone~

manoffire21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30bd08b8
    Quote Originally Posted by ccostel View Post
    I drop at least 2 or 3 calls a day and get Call Failed. I have also noticed that the person on the other end can't hear me after a few minutes into a call sometimes. I hang up and call again and it is fine.
    this was exactly what i and anyone who has att in my area that i know has problems with on a daily basis! i had the call failed message 3-4 times a day atleast!!! ever since i switched to verizon i havent had one dropped call or one call that someone on the other end has not been able to hear me or me hear them!! i now swear by verizon!! And to think i used to hate them?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    For clarification: while on a call my phone slipped out of my hand, fell to the pavement, the battery popped out & when I picked it up it was off. Does that qualify as a "dropped call?".
    If so, then AT&T let me down with the first dropped call in five years .....

~via BlackBerry Smartphone~
    Archer i know you are truely the man when it comes to the bold! But you have got to live right underneath a tower or something lol. i mean come on not 1 dropped call in 5 years?? if i didnt have 1 dropped call every hour with att i was happy and i was supposedly right in between 3 towers and should have had "perfect" 3g service! Dont take me wrong... I'm not saying that your lieing but i mean not a single dropped call is un heard of on any network! Your lucky if thats how it is. i wish my service was like that on att!
    storm 9530
    PIN: 3051C125

ccostel no está en línea Stack level 3
    I also get the "Radio Path Unavailable" message when downtown Springfield. I asked the people at the att store downtown and they said it was the busiest tower in the state of Illinois. Sounds like they need another tower down there.

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    I switched over to AT&T when the iPhone 3G was released. I had more dropped call in a day than I had completed ones. It was so irritating and of course the AT&T store was absolutely no help. Apple issued OS updates and it seemed to help as my dropped calls when down in numbers. So I began thinking the dropped calls were hardware related? Apple then issues yet another OS update and my reception seemed better and again less dropped calls.
    When the Bold was released I was still so upset with AT&T and or the iPhones dropped calls and the "Failed Call". So i purchased the Bold for several reason but one of the reasons was to see if I still had dropped calls each day.
    Guess what? Since switching over to the Bold I have not had one dropped call. This again makes me think the dropped calls are hardware/software related and maybe not just AT&T's network? I'm still in search of possible reasons.
    Currently I'm using the Bold but still have the iPhone 3G active. When I place a call on the Bold the conversation is great. If i hang up and use the iPhone 3G to make the call to the same person the call reception is horrible and often drops the call.

an FYI post for those still looking for reasons that it occurs.
    it's well known that the iphone issues are with the iphone, not with the network. the phone itself is truly just a bad phone. reception is terrible on that thing.

Quote Originally Posted by manoffire21 View Post
    this was exactly what i and anyone who has att in my area that i know has problems with on a daily basis! i had the call failed message 3-4 times a day atleast!!! ever since i switched to verizon i havent had one dropped call or one call that someone on the other end has not been able to hear me or me hear them!! i now swear by verizon!! And to think i used to hate them?!?!?!

Archer i know you are truely the man when it comes to the bold! But you have got to live right underneath a tower or something lol. i mean come on not 1 dropped call in 5 years?? if i didnt have 1 dropped call every hour with att i was happy and i was supposedly right in between 3 towers and should have had "perfect" 3g service! Dont take me wrong... I'm not saying that your lieing but i mean not a single dropped call is un heard of on any network! Your lucky if thats how it is. i wish my service was like that on att!
    i've been on at&t for 2.5 years now, and in all that time i think i had one dropped call, and it was up i cape cod, ma lol. here at least at&t and verizon serivce are pretty much the same, excellent. it's more about phone choice (and for that reason alone is why i left vzw for at&t).

flushbob no está en línea Stack level 2
    read the posts. thanks everyone for feedback and insight.

I got a new re-furbished phone (which is lame because i paid 300$ for a brand new one, it messes up, and then send me a second-hand phone - so now i have a 300$ second hand phone..anyways).....

i got a replacement bb bold with the original stuff....and everything is fine now. no more dropped calls...just the other bugs....which forces to soft reset the bloody thing every couple days.

Thanks again all.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast