Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

For the three years <> that I've been here at the Stacks, I've leaned towards ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Modern Mark

Advertisement

For the three years <> that I've been here at the Stacks, I've leaned towards older models of BlackBerry. When the 8700 was all the rage, I stuck to my guns and continued to use the 7290; I hung on to my aging 8700g when the Pearl Flip came out; and for the last few months I've used my little 8100 Pearl until the keys are worn down. My logic was that if an older Berry still performs well, and does what you ask of it, why lay out the extra cash for bells and whistles you don't need?

Well, I guess I'm changing - I just ordered a new 9700 Bold from Tmo, pretty inexpensive with the two-year contract. Looks to me like it's gonna be everything I liked about my old 8700, plus some. Shipping UPS Ground, it will be at my home midweek next week - and believe me, I'm going to run it through the circuits and let you all know what I think! BBut first off, I'm not getting rid of the 8100 yet, if the 9700 is a dud I may be running back to it . . .

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it once you have had it for a few days
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it once you have had it for a few days
    LOL! You know me, believe me I'll let you know what I think!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Congrats, Mark! Hope you like the 9700 as much as the rest of us do!

fatboy97 no está en línea Stack level 3
    What no 83xx series Curve???

I think you'll love the 9700... it's a great device.

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy97 View Post
    What no 83xx series Curve???

I think you'll love the 9700... it's a great device.
    Actually, fatboy97, as I was looking at all the models I was interested in and the list got smaller and smaller, the two final choices were those two Berrys. (I was looking h-a-r-d at a lot of Android OS units too, especially the Samsung Behold and some others). I chose the Bold over the Curve (8520) because of the camera and because of the high pixel density of the screen.

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    you wont be dissapointed
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Congrats Mark. I think you will be pleasantly surprised and await your critique.

PS-it wont be a dud
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    I absolutely love mine....I got rid of my 1st one (not sure what I was thinking) and luckily my wife wanted an iphone so I got her 9700 which was a month newer than my old one. Its a keeper man for sure.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by bmay82 View Post
    I absolutely love mine....I got rid of my 1st one (not sure what I was thinking) and luckily my wife wanted an iphone so I got her 9700 which was a month newer than my old one. Its a keeper man for sure.
    Shyeah, right.

Yeah don't bother trying to keep up with what phone bmay uses, it will probably change by the end of the day lmbo. I was using my dad's Pearl yesterday, it was pure torture
    Twitter? My Apps List

Yeah don't bother trying to keep up with what phone bmay uses, it will probably change by the end of the day lmbo. I was using my dad's Pearl yesterday, it was pure torture
    I like my 8100 and have since I've gotten it, but now that I've focused in on the 9700 and I have one coming UPS, every use of the Pearl seems more and more like torture - - I'm lookin' forward to that optical trackpad!

I think the thing I'm most interested in is studying through five point oh. . .

I ran 5.0 briefly on my 8330 before going Droid, there were some nice features, loved the threaded sms....but it didn't play well with my 8330. Way to much hourglass spinning....to the point of often rendering my phone useless. It is quite different though....have fun exploring. What's the delivery date for the 9700?
    Twitter? My Apps List

I ran 5.0 briefly on my 8330 before going Droid, there were some nice features, loved the threaded sms....but it didn't play well with my 8330. Way to much hourglass spinning....to the point of often rendering my phone useless. It is quite different though....have fun exploring. What's the delivery date for the 9700?
    My first day with it will be Sunday. RIM and Tmo list the processor speed at 624, but both Crackberry and BoyGenius clock it at about 800 megahertz and claim that they never see the spinning hourglass. We'll see . . .Additionally, both BoyGenius and Crackberry call the 9700 "the best BlackBerry ever". I'm going to have a lot of fun tearing it up (the software, not the unit - -)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast