Hi All, I've just got my 1st smart phone so I'm full of questions. Don't ... BlackBerry Bold forum

GByrne007 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Mobile websites

Advertisement

Hi All,

I've just got my 1st smart phone so I'm full of questions. Don't worry I won't bombard you...

It's a Blackberry Bold 9000

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction on this one...
    When I first got the phone I connected it to my home wireless connection and had a look on the internet. I looked at sites like BBC, you tube and facebook. I seemed to be connected to main sites, well they looked exactly the same as on my computer.

Now, when I connect, they have changed. Now, when I type in the bbc site with /sport (cant post the actual link sorry) I am taken to their mobile site. Which is fine but it's not as good. I'd rather see the full page, even if it's slower.

The only thing that has changed between those two times is that I have registered my email addresses on the o2 website. Even though it still doesn't work but o2 tell me it's because my bolt on hasn't gone through yet. But that's another problem!

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Gareth

superman2683 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20e07eda
    it depends on which browser you are using. if you are using the wap browser it will only pull up the mobile site, you need to use the bb browser for full html. or get a 3rd party browser such as opera mini

jchapman01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a51ff4
    You can also use the new Bolt browser that just entered public beta testing. Download free using this link (blackberry only) http://boltbrowser.com/t/bwuctq
    Last edited by jchapman01; 02-16-2009 at 06:10 PM.

frisco49ers no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2840D481
    ~via smartphone~
    Also check on the bottom of the pages, it might have a link that says 'exit Wap Mode'

Thanks guys,

I'm using the hotspot browser??
    What's confusing is that I think it's the only browser on the phone. (how would I check?) but it seems to have changed by itself.

Tell a lie! I just realised that since the change took place I did do an upgrade of lots of software so that might be what has caused it. I could have well added a new or different browser.

Could you point me in the right direction as to how to change between browsers on the phone? or where to download a new one?

I feel bad asking easy questions 'cause I'm usually quite good at all this. But I'm totally lost with the blackberry. It's not as user friendly as I hoped and a little complex...or I'm just getting old!

Thanks again

Gareth

Thanks Frisco,

No exit wap mode but found a preferences link which lets me choose which version i see.

Cheers

tigerbluemusic no está en línea Stack level 3
    On bbc if you go to preferences at the bottom you can select your version