Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey everyone. I just recently got back on a blackberry and have now got a ... BlackBerry Bold forum

habika no está en línea Stack level 2

mobile browsers for bold 9000

Advertisement

Hey everyone. I just recently got back on a blackberry and have now got a bold 9000. I'm with rogers so through the wi-fi I connect to my home internet. I noticed my browser is a little slow and just wanted to find out if there are any other browsers I could download for my phone that may be a little faster. Lol and typing this I have noticed that it types in one loooooooong sentance. Is there no word wrap? :S

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    You might try Opera here or the Bolt browser here and see how they work for you.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

rush420 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Try switchin from column veiw 2 page veiw then back that happens me a lot I don't know why but that's what works for me

Thank you so much! I've been using bolt and I definetly find a difference! Now just wondering. Should I delete the bb browser? Or keep it. I wasn't sure so I haven't done it. Lol

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    With regards to browsrs, I find Bolt works best for me on the Bold. Waiting to see what Opera 5 is like when it is out of Beta.

I have the same problem with the looooooooong sentance changing to column view and page view doesn't help!

Don't delete the bb browser as I believe it is the default links in html emails go to it.

cb4studabaker no está en línea Stack level 3
    Keep the bb browser cause the bb browser is wat makes all the ota downloads for your phone bolt didn't ota download for me

granwsmith no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2093876C
    I use both Bolt and the bbb. I use the bbb as my primary browser and bolt as my "tab" lol

I've tried opera and while it looks the nicest of the 3, it just doesn't function well. Maybe cuz its in Beta (is it still in Beta??).

Bolt does the job but it has its flaws I find. Still, nice to have 2 browsers when I want to crosscheck info.

frisco49ers no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2840D481
    I just use the regular browser but have upgraded to 5.0.0.411 it will wrap the text in your browser.

How would you go about upgradeing to the 5.0.0.411? Is that for just the browser or is it a new os? If so is it avail for rogers? Thanks again for everyones help! I <3 ps!

habika, 5.0.0.411 is an OS release for the Bold among others. You can upgrade to, and use any OS regardless of who the issuer is by simply installing the OS on your p-c and deleting the vendor file BEFORE installing it to your Blackberry. The vendor file is found at c>program files>common files>research in motion>apploader.

(my 2 cents) Be cautious about upgrading to leaked OS releases - just because a release is leaked doesn't mean it's stable. I'd do some research on PS or other sources to make sure you aren't going to a troubled release.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by habika View Post
    Hey everyone. I just recently got back on a blackberry and have now got a bold 9000. I'm with rogers so through the wi-fi I connect to my home internet. I noticed my browser is a little slow and just wanted to find out if there are any other browsers I could download for my phone that may be a little faster. Lol and typing this I have noticed that it types in one loooooooong sentance. Is there no word wrap? :S
    Sorry, no word wrap, that seems to be beyond RIMs scope of abilities.

I use Opera Mini 4.2, it takes a bit to learn it, not much, and then you will find it's great! It's especially fast using a WiFi connection on your Bold 9000. I really like it for browsing and participating in the forums as it makes it possible to respond to posts as it _does have word wrap_.

Finally it's much better than Bolt in my opinion as it's really stable, fast, and easy to use.

Using your Bolds regular browser just search Google for "opera mini blackberry" you will get a link which will offer you both 4.2 and the new 5 beta, pass on the beta and grab the link for 4.2, it downloads fast and easy.

To find the icon on your home screen look in the "downloads" folder and then click on it once, choose move to home screen.

When using WiFi click the BB menu key, open the "Settings" choice scroll down to "Network" there you will find Protocol: and a drop down menu, choose "Socket" , then right below that field will say Wi-Fi with a checkbox for you to check, close out of that and you are ready to surf fast and easy.

Please post back if you have any problems
    Last edited by mobile99; 01-31-2010 at 02:45 PM. Reason: typo

cestlavie77 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Bolt doesn't seem to do all that I want it to... going to give Opera a try. Thanks for the tips.

Quote Originally Posted by cestlavie77 View Post
    Bolt doesn't seem to do all that I want it to... going to give Opera a try. Thanks for the tips.
    I've used Opera off and on and I just tried it again recently - although I haven't followed their updates very carefully it seems much improved to me. Of course everyone's waiting for Firefox to come out for Blackberry - frankly I don't think that's ever going to happen. Good luck.

cestlavie77 no está en línea Stack level 3
    So far so good w/Opera Mini. Firefox would certainly be nice, but I have no desire to hold my breath until I am blue in the face so I will just stick with Opera or Bolt.

blackydimond no está en línea Stack level 1
    the actual browser is prety fast to me. why change?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast