Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

i have a problem wif my bold. it can't send n receive any mms.. should ... BlackBerry Bold forum

ficq no está en línea Stack level 1

Question mms on bold

Advertisement

i have a problem wif my bold. it can't send n receive any mms.. should i subscribe BIS 1st or need to manually setting the mms configuration..

bigdogbta35 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    You have to have a data plan to send mms
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

gerardgovender no está en línea Stack level 1
    I would think it best to contact your network service provider and get an administrator to configure your mms settings directly.

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdogbta35 View Post
    You have to have a data plan to send mms
    False.

If you are paying for a message bundle that include this service you don't need a data plan, you should call your service provider and ask them if they haven't blocked the service, if no, ask them to send the service books to your phone

i've already call service provider but they said that blackberry is the easy systems where u dont have to get any setting for mms n gprs.so i not really know what seems to be my problem... damn!

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    try this,

in your phone go to options, advanced options, host routing tables, menu key and select register.

go to manage connections, mobile network options, menu key and select diagnostics test, menu key and select run.

finally setup wizard, set up internet email, and resend your service books.

if none of this steps fix your problem then i don't know what else to suggest
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

tq.. btw i didnt work.. i think i have to subcribe for BIS 1st then i can get to send n receive mms.

Schirripal no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    2096c6ec
    For mms to work on any bb u have to have the service books u might try to see if there is another os for the bb from a diff carrier that has the service books if not u need to get bis

i have the service books which is indicated wap mms.. so dats mean i can send or receive any mms.. but still cant.. lets say my connection probs i can log in to facebook apps via gprs.. im not really know what seems to be the problem but for sure its my bb...

kayhites717 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    Wow! Lol. Call ur service provider. Have them unblock data usuage per use. Yes, guys, I is possible to have a message plan and even a data plan, but I know with att at least, if they don't enable pay per use data for messaging, u won't be a able to send or receive mms. But u can still use the browser. I know this sounds crazy, but it is true. I swear. This is just a case of someone didn't get all the features set right when u set up your plan. And, the reason I know this is because I used to work in the data processing department for att. All I did was go into people accounts and update these features and configurations when att would change the protocols or the system requirements. I would see this all the time, and that is why csr's don't know about this a lot bc the data department should already have this corrected. If u get a csr that doesn't know what ur talking about, hang up and call back till u get a csr willing to completely remove ur plan and then add it back, with the updated features. Trust me. Nothing wrong with ur phone. Good luck.

i already called service provider.. they said thats i dont need any data plan to use my mms just try send out a mms to any number but unfortunately i cant send it.i think i have problem with my phone...

Finally after upgrade my bold for an hour I can send and receive any mms but unfortunately I can receive any service books. Damn anyone help me.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    Alright. U HAVE to have a DATA PLAN if u want to be able to send and receive mms WITHOUT getting a pay per use charge. Blackberry is a little different because they're data and browising doesn't go through att wireless and data network. It goes through RIM network. If u want to be able to send and receive mms and email. U have to have a data package. If u just want to be able to send mms, then call ur service provider and ask them to add a data pay per use plan on ur phone. U will be able to send and receive mms and email (I'd the email is sent directly to ur phone number) but u will be charged 1 cent per kb of data transferred. Hope that explains it.

aite... tq guys.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    Yw and good look. Hope u get it all worked out for u. Enjoy ur bold...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast