Hi all, I think I was playing with some settings the other day and may ... BlackBerry Bold forum

sparkyweb no está en línea Stack level 2

Minor Data issues

Advertisement

Hi all,

I think I was playing with some settings the other day and may have accidentaly cocked up something.

Anyway I have noticed that the only way I can currently get data is when I have a wifi connection. When I try and browse something without a wifi connection I eventually get the following error:

Unable to connect to the Internet, please try again later.
    If the problem persists please contact your service provider.

I have good 3G signal coverage so I don't think its that.

I'm on O2 in the UK and have a BIS connection.

Cheers

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4
    are you sure your data connections are on? manage connections -> mobile network options. make sure that they're set to on. also try resending your service books.....

Thanks for the reply, yes my data connection is valid and I have tried the re-send service books options.
    This is frustrating as it used to work.....

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4
    tried a battery pull? is the browser set to internet and not hotspot?

don't know what else it could be.

Well I have reloaded software, battery pulled, wiped the device (twice) and generally tearing my hair out. I have no email now at all as o2 cust services told me to delete all service books and now it won't resend the service books. (But the internet works)

Been on the phone to o2 and after about an hour they think I will have to take it back to a store so they can send off the phone for repair / replace which is a major pain. I'm sure its got to be a setting but they think there is an issue with the phone.
    Interestingly when i try and use the email setup options on the phone it only gives me an option to set up a BES connection.

I wonder has my phone got into its head it needs a BES connection?

I also notice that although I am getting the blackberry symbol next to the 3G setting if I check services status it says that BIS is not connected.

Any more ideas?

stewea no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    headed
    Your last post's issues means you have no service books, so you will need to resend from your O2 BIS website. If you are getting the the BB symbol, then you are connected to the BB network, which is good.

Your original post MAY have been simply that you had set the browser to Hotspot Browser (or WiFi-only browser). But, since you re-loaded the OS, that's irrelevant this point.

Re-send your service books from the BIS site. If you can't do that, call O2 and ask to speak to Data Services/whoever ACTUALLY handles BB data issues, and have them re-send the service books. Generally, the 1st line support folks are simply reading off a script, and probably can't help you much. A service replacement would be the last step..

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your really comprehensive reply. After nearly pulling my hair out last night (about 1730) I insisted that they renew my BIS connection which they did, about 1300 today my BB sprung into life and all seems to be working now.

If only I had insisted on that in the first place. But still I have a newer OS on the BB now so cant be that bad...

Cheers for all your help.
    Mark

stewea no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    headed
    Awesome! Glad your BB's back :-) And updated, too! I understand the frustration when it doesn't work. Glad we could help.