I started off with blackberry with a pearl and got three different pearls then started ... BlackBerry Bold forum

stolt no está en línea Stack level 3

Might give up my 9700 for a new pearl....

Advertisement

I started off with blackberry with a pearl and got three different pearls then started on the bold and now the bold 2, its a good phone although for me personally i didnt thinkit was much of a upgrade from the original bold.

Ive seen that the new pearl is released at the end of the month, but concerned that it may be mistake. smaller screen no qwerty etc etc i'm not a massive email sender (well short messages and pictures attachments etc i think what attracts me most is the size of the pearl. sometimes i dont like the size of the bold 2 in my pocket....

decisons decisons, i could get a decent price for my bold on fleaby and it seems the pearl is going for Ł299 brand new offline.

anyone thinking of the same, or perhaps i'm mad.

No, you're not mad at all - I've had the same thoughts. But, I think I'll stick with the Bold because of the QWERTY and the larger screen, especially if we find out that os 6.0 will work on it . . .

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Your not mad. I brought my old 8120 on a field trip because my iPhone was drained, and it was refreshing to use it again. It was perfect for on the go and I actually missed it. I would love to have the new Pearl 3G and 6.0 would def work on it.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Nope you're not mad. But close...
    I have a 9700 and I placed a pre launch Order for the Pearl in the UK. But until I see it and feel it, the Bold Will stay...even if I like the Pearl.
    I'm mad ? Probably !

@delfim and you want the new iPhone too? Not mad, just a baddie

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    hey, pdx, I'm a looney when it comes to good smartphones. Çommitted, and somebody threw the door Key away!

I hear ya

camshafter no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    you know i feel the same way...have a 8900 and 8320..just got a pearl 8100 and 8120 and like them both..i love my 8900 but for size for work, golf or whatever..the pearl 8120 is awesome..i am really thinking about the new pearl

Quote Originally Posted by camshafter View Post
    you know i feel the same way...have a 8900 and 8320..just got a pearl 8100 and 8120 and like them both..i love my 8900 but for size for work, golf or whatever..the pearl 8120 is awesome..i am really thinking about the new pearl
    Camshafter, this new generation of BlackBerry devices (faster processor, great OS, Optical Trackpad and super-expanded memory) is a night-and-day difference from the devices you have. My advice is to not just think about the new Pearl; get it!! You will not be disappointed. Spinning hourglass? Goodbye forever!!!
    Last edited by Mark Stone; 06-09-2010 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Speeling errer

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^ ...that's right. Spinning hour glass ? I actually long for the appearance of that infernal gadget! No such luck, yet ...