Anyone replace their MicroSD card tray? My tray (or the slot where you insert the ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Rockdog97 no está en línea Stack level 1

MicroSD Media Card tray replacement help

Advertisement

Anyone replace their MicroSD card tray? My tray (or the slot where you insert the card into the phone) no longer locks the card into place when I press it into the phone.. so it just pops back out.
    I ordered a replacement tray from GSM4World but have no idea how to go about swapping it for the old one.

Any help would be appreciated.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    We used a metal clasp and permanently installed the memory card into the boss's phone when his spring stopped working. Since we put him into an 8gb and he will most likely never fill it or remove it, it was the most practical choice for repairing his unit. I would have to talk to my technician to see what he says about replacing the tray.

Zo

Rockdog97 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I would most appreciate any further feedback for replacing the tray. The transfer rate using the crappy Roxio Media Manager sucks, thus the reason why I remove the card and transfer files via my desktop.

In the interim, can you elaborate a bit on how you used the metal clasp to hold the card in?

Thanks for the feedback..

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    He took a thin piece of aluminum (like what is used on a file folder) and bent it into place after installing the card. Once bent into place and held there he reassembled the body of the phone so that it would not move or cause any other damage. I spoke with my tech and he told me we did not replace the tf reader due to mounting methods they used. He stated a few of the contact points for the cage are underneath the cage which makes removing them difficult.

Zo