Hey guys. Okay someone needs to please give me an explanation and hopefully a solution. ... BlackBerry Bold forum

kayhites717 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!

Messaging Apps Deleting conversations Randomly!

Advertisement

Hey guys. Okay someone needs to please give me an explanation and hopefully a solution. In the last two weeks my MSN, Yahoo, AND BBM have been randomly deleting my conversations! AND Facebook! I will get an alet for facebook, or get messages on I.M and no sooner than I click on the app, GONE! Everything is deleted! Wth?!?! I have tried baterry pull after battery pull, signing out then in. Deleting apps and redownloading. I have the newest versions on everything! ERRRR! I have chkd all setting to make sure I have all auto delete settings to off, and STILL they delete themselves at least 5 or 6 times a day! I have stock O.S. And have only recebtly installed bellshare apps. Someone please help! Gettin so frusterated!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Mortgage_Man no está en línea Stack level 3
    A good starting point is to look at your free memory. Check options > status and see how much memory available you have.

Also, are you losing email messages as well or just IM messages?

I'm going down the path that your device may be deleting messages to free up memory.

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Yep, this is almost always a memory problem. After using you device for a while check and see how much memory you have available. If it get too low, your device will start deleting things like call logs, messages, etc.

You need to clean it out and get rid of what you do not need/use.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    Hey. I'm not losing email or sms or call logs. Just the I'm conversations. My app memory is low. 543kb, but my device memory is still in the 700'sMB range. I wondered the same thing too, so I deleted some stuff, but it didn't help. Maybe I'm not deleting enough. Can I do away with the help and tty support in my applications? They are never used.

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    On the curve a good free memory size for apps is like about 20mb when you get below 9mb you start having issues. I recomend removing unused themes and take your media of the device memory and move them to a media card
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    Thanks jeff. I removed some themes and apps I don't hardly use. Everything as far as media is all saved on my media card. I now have 23.something MB of free app memory. I also have several apps too, but I use them frequently, berryweather, Popups, SmartAlerts, Facebook, Myspace, Yatca, Slacker radio, etc. But I deleted everything I could. Is there a way to expand the actual memory of my phone?

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    To free up a lil bit more mem go to your mesages folde hit the menu key and select view folder, check each folder there and delete all the items you don't need, go to your calendar options and set the Keep apointment to 15 days, in you mesages folder general options set the auto more to no and keep mesages to 15 days, go to your call log option and in call log set to nothing...

That's all I remember for now

Hope that helps...

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    You can clear your logs by holding down Alt and typing L+G+L+G.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Do a bat pull frequently too, I use quikpull to similate it and run one daily

papped no está en línea Stack level 2
    Delete DocsToGo if you don't use it. That app is a monster.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    Thanks guys! I knew about the alt LGLG. I do that frequently. I wondered bout docs to go. I don't use it. I will delete it.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Also if you don't use it you can delete the help section, preloaded ringtones and pictures, VAD and the languages you don't use..

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    Hey guys! I thought I would update you all with the issues I am having with my Bold. I spoke with ATT and they informed me that there have been several reported problems like this with the bold. I have also been having problems with my screen flickering and turning white, and also the screen with become "wavy" and jiggle. So, they are going to replace my device and I told them that I didn't want a refurb. That I haven't had luck with them. So, they SAY they will replace my bold with a brand New one, at no cost, but we will see. I will keep ya'll updated!