Recently, I have noticed that any messages that I have left on my Bold for, ... BlackBerry Bold forum

spat10 no está en línea Stack level 1

Messages auto deleted?

Recently, I have noticed that any messages that I have left on my Bold for, say, the week, have been deleted automatically EXCEPT those that I have sent and SMS messages. So, for about 2-3 days, it will keep my messages for me, but then, all of the sudden, I'll look, and they will be gone. I'm not sure what the deal here is.

Strangely, they are still in outlook when I look, but just not on the Bold

This is frustrating when at times I need to respond to older messages and now I cannot.

Memory does not seem to be the issue as I have checked it and it always has plenty. I don't run a lot of programs on my Bold..Viigo, FB, and that's about it for things I use on my own.

Thanks for any help!

KeNNethX no está en línea Stack level 3
    Not sure what caused it, but if you are on a BES then you can retrieve messages from Outlook onto your Bold. Go to Messages, menu button, Search: where it says Local change it to Remote and perform your search. Once you find what you are looking for you can add them back to your Berry via the menu button.
    When in Doubt, Pop the Battery Out!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    It could be the setting in your Messages option that tells you how long the phone will keep the messages. If you want to keep them longer, go to Messages, Options, General Options, and scroll down to where it says Keep Messages. Set that to anywhere between 30 days and Forever.
    ~via smartphone

peterthill no está en línea Stack level 4
    Or it could be the old-mem-leak-issue.

Check via menu - options how many mem you have avail. If it is very low the do the good ole-batt-pull

~via smartphone

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    It is most likely because you are low on memory.
    ~via smartphone