Ok, I'm not sure how to begin or even name this post, but my issue ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Homeuser66 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    208D9C8E

Message issue

Advertisement

Ok, I'm not sure how to begin or even name this post, but my issue is on my 9700. If I have messages and go to the top and either hit the pad in or the menu I get a message saying something about seting up or not haveing set up an email account, which I don't. I just use it for calendar and messages.
    This would happen once in a while. My phone is brand new, 1 month old at the most. I am concidering a wipe and starting fresh. or just have T-Mobile turn on the data plan for a few hrs and set up an email account and then turning it off....
    Has anyone heard of this issue?
    Also, I sometimes can't even open a text message or reply to one only if I turn it off or pull the battery...
    Thanks for your help in advance.

Generally on a new phone or after a bat pull, that message appears when you try to enter the message menu. Happens on the newer 5.0 releases and on the leaked 6.0 many of us are playing with. Just hit the red "hang up" button (which sends you back to the home screen), then choose Messages again and it should elt you through normally (at least that works for me . . .). Cheers!

PIN/ID
    208D9C8E
    Thanks Mark, that's what I've been doing....I didn't realize it was an ongoing issue....thanks!

I think it's only an issue for those of us that don't waste our cash on a "data plan" [grin]

PIN/ID
    208D9C8E
    lol.....Roger That!