These keys are one piece of thin (cheap) plastic that fits around the trackball and ... BlackBerry Bold forum

cabirder no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Menu and escape key fell off my Bold

These keys are one piece of thin (cheap) plastic that fits around the trackball and appears to be stuck to the underlying buttons with some type of glue.

Has anyone had this happen and did you tried to stick it back on with glue? What kind or type of glue worked or would you suggest.

Apparently this "falling off" constitutes "physical damage" and no one is responsible, either at RIM or Rogers my provider.

It actually just fall off last night and no the phone was not dropped yesterday or anytime earlier. 3M tape works to hold it in place but makes for less than smooth trackball movement.

Will appreciate your help. Thanks.

I would press the issue with RIM and Rodgers. As anyone who has droped thier BOLD (that would be me) knows that usally it leaves a mark on the cheap "chrome". I would not jerry rig my Bold because you have one that happens to be defective. Go as high up as you can and press them hard about the fact that it hasn't been abused. If all options are exhusted and you still get no where, i hope you have insurance, call and report it lost and (hate to say this) pay the insurance cost for a new one. Other than that man i dont know. That really sucks.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    That's bad, sorry to hear if this, but this is the only instance I've ever heard of-I hope mine don't fall off.
    ~via smartphone

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    No Way
    Not alot of these are falling off so you can see why RIM/Rogers thinks it is physical damage
    in Jax, FL