I don't have a lot on my Bold compared to some friends and I keep ... BlackBerry Bold forum

granwsmith no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2093876C

Memory Question

Advertisement

I don't have a lot on my Bold compared to some friends and I keep it all neat n tidy in folders.

My question is: yesterday I had 40mbs of free space on my device. This morning I have 22. I've added nothing, my browser cahe n history is empty.
    What gives?

I've heard the term "memory leak" on here before. Is this a case?

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Most BBs have this issue from one degree to another, a battery pull should bring you back to 40 or more. That's why many BB users, especially power users, do daily battery pulls or use apps like quick pull to restart their devices. It was a ritual that was hard to break when I first got my Droid
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Most BBs have this issue from one degree to another, a battery pull should bring you back to 40 or more. That's why many BB users, especially power users, do daily battery pulls or use apps like quick pull to restart their devices. It was a ritual that was hard to break when I first got my Droid
    As I'm sure you know azstar, the Droid also needs a reboot periodically, just like a pc...keeps it healthy and running smooth.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by RayZ View Post
    As I'm sure you know azstar, the Droid also needs a reboot periodically, just like a pc...keeps it healthy and running smooth.
    Sure it does, I reboot about twice a week, much less frequent than the sometimes twice a day required on my BB. I'm sure it's not as bad on newer BBs but on my 8330 that's how it was at the end.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    The 9700 has really improved our affliction ! Once a week , as a habit really, is more than suffícient. With Quickpull set on auto...the BB just cruises ! Memory leak is almost nothing ! With the 9000, now that's a different kind of animal...and so is the 8900, although with 256mb it gives you more leeway.

TheDarkwing no está en línea Stack level 1
    It maybe that some thing is always running
    in that background of all BlackBerrys try
    Downloading one of the memory recovery
    promgrams either paid or the free ones and
    run the program that should fix the problem.

Let me know how it works for you

The Darkwing

BoldMDP no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24A6F01C
    I would recommend QuickPull, It's free and on the BlackBerry App World. It reboots your device based on your settings.
    I set mine to do a "battery pull" 30 mins before I wake up, that way we arent both sluggish in the morning . Hope that helps.

pkcable no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask via
    The latest RIM devices with 256MBs, and the latest builds of 5.0 really don't need pulls. I only pull mine when it's time to put in a spare battery OR if things are acting funky. HOWEVER on the S1, and on early 5.0 builds regular pulls were needed.

A quickpull (or softreset), or an actually battery pull really can't hurt your device. It does take a chunk of battery life thou.
    Rich C.
    Twitter me @ http://twitter.com/pkcable

Reinstall Your OS on a Bricked BB Click here