My aplication memory keeps jumping up and down randomly..its first was at 3mb then suddenly ... BlackBerry Bold forum

afronesian no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    207c9447

memory leak?

Advertisement

My aplication memory keeps jumping up and down randomly..its first was at 3mb then suddenly jumped to 21mb and then back to 7mb again..I haven't installed anything latley so what could be causing the leak?can anybody help me out?

abdeoul21 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    319CD04D
    its a blackberry
    Keep it simple; stupid (K.I.S.S.)

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    If you have not installed any applications, you should have a lot more memory than 21 Megs. Do a battery pull and then check your status and report how much memory you have

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by afronesian View Post
    My aplication memory keeps jumping up and down randomly..its first was at 3mb then suddenly jumped to 21mb and then back to 7mb again..I haven't installed anything latley so what could be causing the leak?can anybody help me out?

Even though you haven't installed anything lately, have you installed any apps at all? If you have Viigo, you may have setted the settings to update at different intervals, 2 hours may be what it is preset to. If it updates all the time, you should clear your cache.

Also, you may want to delete your internet cache. That does take up memory. To delete your cache, go to your browser, press the bb button, options, cache operations, and clear them.

Lastly, another thing you can do on a regular basis, is to clear your event logs. I do it pretty frequently. Hold down the left ALT and lglg. Then, press the bb button, clear log and verify deletion.

As another stacker suggested, try doing a battery pull and report what your file free is.

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    3mb is bad and not acceptable. You need to find which 3rd party software is doing this and remove it. I would worry about your Bold dumping some of your messages or call logs at 3mb remaining
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

afronesian no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    207c9447
    Well my most used aplications are msn and myspace..both are currently not singed in or any other aplication for that matter and its at 7.8mb...I'm going to do a bat pull and see how much memory I have when it reboots itself

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by afronesian View Post
    Well my most used aplications are msn and myspace..both are currently not singed in or any other aplication for that matter and its at 7.8mb...I'm going to do a bat pull and see how much memory I have when it reboots itself
    How much file free do you have?