The Media Sync on my Bold had been working well until I accidentally opted to download some tracks to the phone's memory rather than media card. I thought I might be using up memory I couldn't spare so I tried to download to the card next time round. I just get a message saying "Media Sync cannot connect, etc.". I tried, by turn, wiping the music files from my card, reinstalling the desktop software, loading Media Synch again from the Blackberry site and even wiping the phone and trying again. Nothing has worked. And I've managed to break the door to the media card slot!

Warm applause for anyone who knows the answer to this one.