Well I think I have come across a "undocumented feature". I am on 190 and ... BlackBerry Bold forum

mikadad no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    just ask

media player bug?

Advertisement

Well I think I have come across a "undocumented feature". I am on 190 and when playing the media player
    Using my headphones and unplug them it does NOT keep playing thru the speaker.
    I have to close the media player and reopen it to get to come out thru the speaker. Anyone else experiencing this too?
    Michael

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    I honestly hadn't heard of this before, all I can say is that when I'm listening to music on my headphones and they are unplugged the music automatically pauses (an awesome feature in my opinion). The thing is that I AM able to hit play and the music DOES start playing through the phones speakers.

honestly, I'd try a different OS at the very least...I have no doubt that a new OS will help but we won't know until you try...or someone else has run into the same issue and can sympathize.

~via BlackBerry Bold~

mikadad no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Oh you're right. I did not know that. My bad. It is a great feature.

Thanks.
    Close thread
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Quote Originally Posted by mikadad View Post
    Oh you're right. I did not know that. My bad. It is a great feature.

Thanks.
    Close thread
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I know you said "thread closed" but I just wanted to say that I also love this feature. I don't know how many times my headphone jack has come loose and left my music blasting out of my phone speaker in my pocket.

Kudos RIM, a job well done.

offthahorseceo no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    You can also hit the "mute/standby" button to resume playing, and if you press it without reinserting the headphones, it'll come thru the loudspeaker~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Quote Originally Posted by offthahorseceo View Post
    You can also hit the "mute/standby" button to resume playing, and if you press it without reinserting the headphones, it'll come thru the loudspeaker~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Correct, and the mute/standby button ontop of the phone is what I primarily use to pause music anyways so it works out great.

offthahorseceo no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    Quote Originally Posted by cornelious0_0 View Post
    Correct, and the mute/standby button ontop of the phone is what I primarily use to pause music anyways so it works out great.
    Same here. My car still has a tape player only. With my curve I used to hit standby then unplug then step out of the car. With the bold its one less step. I'm talkin about a tape converyer kit btw. The ones we all used to use with our portable cd players