How do I move pics onto media card? Also, how do I setup phone to ... BlackBerry Bold forum

oakleyd36 no está en línea Stack level 1

Media Card storage?

Advertisement

How do I move pics onto media card? Also, how do I setup phone to store all new pics onto card? thx

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    oakley,

You can connect your BB to the Desktop Manager and select "yes" to the Mass Storage question. Then just access it like another drive. That's about the easiest if the pics are on your P-C. You can also simply remove the card and connect it.

You can also use the "media" on the DM to do it - IMO that's a little more difficult but it works too.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    To set where your BB puts pictures, go to Camera/Menu/Options and change Store Pictures to On Media Card. Also for pics that are already in your device memory, you can move them one by one. Go to the thumbnail of the image, Menu/Move and navigate through the folder system to get from device memory to media card and then to your pictures folder.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

dgburns no está en línea Stack level 3
    Your Bold should show up as two drive letters when connected to PC. If you have more than a couple pics to move from device memory to media card, via Windows is the easiest. Browse each BlackBerry drive letter in My Computer and you will find a pictures folder somewhere in each. Select them and right mouse button drag them to the other and drop. I say right button because that will let you Move, left will cool and leave originals in place.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    That's cool, my curve and pearl don't do that. I think the roxio media manager with the desktop manager sees both and lets you move stuff, but I have not used it in so long. I prefer to drag and drop. Roxio is too slow for me...
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    I find that creating a few folders works great. I make a folder called "New" and have all my new images go straight to it. When I get time to look at them, I move them from the "New" folder to the one I want them in.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

jeffery no está en línea Stack level 2
    I am running a Bold but when connected to DM, it's showing me as a single drive, although I can see the media card o nthe Bold. I have tried using the roxio, also just shwoing the device memory. Any help would be appreciated.

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffery View Post
    I am running a Bold but when connected to DM, it's showing me as a single drive, although I can see the media card o nthe Bold. I have tried using the roxio, also just shwoing the device memory. Any help would be appreciated.
    IF you have a media card inserted correctly you then need to activate mass storage when you plug your device into your computer. You computer will then see two extra drives, one for you BB internal storage and another for your card.

Note you can not move files on your card while connected to your computer with mass storage turned on.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

jeffery no está en línea Stack level 2
    thanks...just noticed the 2nd drive clashes with my default drive letter...