Got a new Bold today. Everything looked like it worked fine. After a few hours ... BlackBerry Bold forum

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4

Media card problem I think

Advertisement

Got a new Bold today. Everything looked like it worked fine. After a few hours I was playing with it and noticed my ringtones stored on the media card were not showing. And they did before. So I took the card out and put it back in. Now the whole thing is running very slow. When I go into the media icon the blue bar on the bottom is all the way to the right and says scanning. If I pull the card out and leave it out it runs like it should, very fast. What happened?? It's only a 1g card so it's not too big. It's the only card I have so I can't put another one in right now to check that. Could the card slot be bad? I played songs and video's from the slot before this happened. It seems to see everything now on the card but the ring tones but still is very slow now. Help

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I had this happen when I downloaded all my mp3s onto a new 4gig card, but there were like 250 that I had saved in one file on my PC. Once it stopped reading all of them it was fine. I don't think your card is bad because as you said, you used it before. For some reason mine did not show my custom ringtones either on the folder associated with the media card. But I could access them by going into like the sms profile and scrolling through all the ringtones that way. It must be a bold thing, because on my 8900, my custom ringtones are listed with the factory. Sorry I couldn't be more help, but you're not alone. Maybe someone else has the fix for this.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Well it did work fine for a few hours but like I said it still says scanning and it been at that for about an hour now. And it's still running very slow

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Why don't you take your card out and put it in an adapter, and plug it into your pc and save it to a file on your pc (if possible) then reformat the card and reload the files via dtm? It shouldn't be taking that long.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

I might try that. It did stop saying it was scanning it and it's back up to speed but still no ringtones and no video's that are on the card. Pictures all seem to be there so who knows.