Hi - Can anyone help ? I want to transfer all the media (photos, music ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Osprey no está en línea Stack level 2

Media Card help - transferring media from one card to another

Advertisement

Hi -

Can anyone help ? I want to transfer all the media (photos, music and video) from my 2GB card to a new 8GB card. I have never used Media Manager before, as there was a problem with my last BB and the old version of the desktop manager software. So I normally just copy and paste media from different folders when my BB is connected, it works fine. Trying to assemble all the different media from various places on my PC to copy to the new card would be very time consuming.

Can anyone advise me how to make this transfer smoothly ?

Many thanks in advance.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    You can bypass Desktop Manager altogether by putting your device into mass storage mode. Then you should be able to see the BlackBerry as an additional drive on your PC. Just drag and drop all your files to a folder on the PC from the 2gb card. Remove the 2gb card, insert the 8gb card and drag and drop the files from the folder on your PC to the various folders on the BlackBerry.

Hi - thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, my BB is not showing up at all in My Computer as being connected to the USB drive ! This has happened before, but I have now tried 4 times in the last 30 minutes and cant get it to show up. Therefore, I dont know how I am going to copy the files over. Grateful for any suggestions !

First, reboot your computer to see if that resets the USB ports. Sometimes they can get hung up.

If that doesn't work, you can either download the entire Desktop Manager suite, which includes the USB drivers or you can just download the drivers, both of which you'll find here.

Also, make sure you have enabled Mass Storage Mode on your device. That will be in Options>Memory.

My settings are as follows:

Compression: Enabled
    Media Card Support: On
    Mass Storage Mode Support: On
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: Prompt (You will be prompted to enable whenever you connect your device via the USB cable.)
    Last edited by RogerG; 07-13-2010 at 01:19 PM.

Smile

Roger - many thanks for your suggestions, really helpful and much appreciated. The PC reboot did the trick and everything else is now working fine. Out of interest, what do you think is the best way to "clean" an old memory card, so as to leave it blank for someone else to use ?

Glad you got it sorted out.

You can either reformat the card in your PC if you have an adaptor or in the device itself. In the device, go to Options>Memory, press the BB menu button and select Format.

Many thanks again