Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I originally bought a Bold within the first few weeks of its initial release on ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Skier87 no está en línea Stack level 3

Arrow May go back to Bold... Anything different?

Advertisement

I originally bought a Bold within the first few weeks of its initial release on AT&T. I then returned it within a week, mostly because of the price... I dropped the standard $400 upgrade price before MIR. I was originally going to wait it out for the new 3G Curve to hit AT&T (9300?), but I'm thinking it is going to take too long for that to come out.

Now I'm thinking about going back to the Bold. I haven't been following the Bold threads as closely as I was pre-release and when I had it. Has anything changed? Anything new with the device? I assume the hardware is the same... or is it? What improvements have there been from OS upgrades since AT&T's first release version? Did AT&T even release an official OS update? (I don't remember if .167 was the original one)

One thing in particular that really bugged me was the small browser font and having to scroll across the page to read lines of text. Any improvements here?

Thanks!

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    well lets see... simply put, the leaked os thats currently running is .247 and has battery improvements and a few other tweaks... runs much better overall... still loving my bold every bit...

some things you still have to scroll across the page for, but mostly not... i believe you can increase the font size...

att's latest is .221 i believe, its in the official bold beta thread...

no hardware changes... many more accessories out there now... and many more themes...

all in all... i love you bold n im sure you will too...
    i see RED...

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    yeah the OS updates have made the device very very quick and solid. Definitely come back to bold. I checked out the 8900 in a store and can't handle the small keyboard again or the smaller screen.

Lovin BOLD

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    and I have had mine for almost a year now : )

mathrin no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2454104f
    I'm using .247 and love it. I don't regret getting Bold in the least.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

BigHulkDiese no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22BF6200
    I am very happy with my Bold. I have had numerous other blackberrys, loved the curve to death, but this phone blows them all away. Talk about a powerful piece of hardware! 3g, wifi, bluetooth, super fast processor. There isn't anything you can't do with this phone. Fits well in your hand and has the best keyboard ever put on a phone. Great battery life, even better then the curve!

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Ditto what BHD said, I've had several 83xx series, but they don't compare to the power and responsiveness of my 9000. You can't go wrong with a Bold.

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Put my Rogers Bold in the drawer and purchased the AT&T Bold the day they came out and it has been running without flaw. I have never even updated the AT&T OS and it works fine.

I chased the newest Bold OS releases and updated my Rogers 10 times and never saw any real difference. I would laugh at some of the claims some of the posters made after they updated. It was all about the same to me so I have just left the AT&T OS alone.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

hapishyguy no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    247FA126
    Bold is nice. For some reason I started liking the Storm now. Storm is nice too actually. Its the best touch screen phone actually. I used it now for a week and i got used to all its functions. Yes the phone had the problems when it came out but it was also a hype. I have bold myself, debranded with TMobile.

Thanks for all the input... it seems like everyone so far is really happy with the Bold. Has the small font size and scrolling on web pages with the BB browser been addressed at all?

@reddrvgon For some reason I was never able to increase the font size effectively. When I changed the setting, it only seemed to affect some of the text, but not all. Pinstack's mobile site was among the ones I could not get the font bigger or eliminate the need for horizontal scrolling.

Oh! Almost forgot this one..

I had issues when trying to load high quality videos onto the Bold. Basically, FF/REW/SEEK caused the device to reboot. I tried several different encoders and formats. I was trying to mimic the SpeedRacer demo video as closely as possible.

Have there been any updates that fix this issue?

Thanks again

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by Skier87 View Post
    Thanks for all the input... it seems like everyone so far is really happy with the Bold. Has the small font size and scrolling on web pages with the BB browser been addressed at all?

@reddrvgon For some reason I was never able to increase the font size effectively. When I changed the setting, it only seemed to affect some of the text, but not all. Pinstack's mobile site was among the ones I could not get the font bigger or eliminate the need for horizontal scrolling.
    Skier, I just successfully upped the font sizes for pinstack wap quite successfully...

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by Skier87 View Post
    Oh! Almost forgot this one..

I had issues when trying to load high quality videos onto the Bold. Basically, FF/REW/SEEK caused the device to reboot. I tried several different encoders and formats. I was trying to mimic the SpeedRacer demo video as closely as possible.

Have there been any updates that fix this issue?

Thanks again
    I have had no issues with the seek option in the media player... Have watched tons of video...HQ and LQ...

Quote Originally Posted by reddrvgon View Post
    Skier, I just successfully upped the font sizes for pinstack wap quite successfully...
    Hmm, looks like I must have done something wrong. I think hayden actually optimized the site recently too so it might be that I had my Bold before thst was done. Thanks for testing it out. Its great to know now that I won't have a problem when I get my Bold... I'm 99% sure I'm going to go back to it this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by reddrvgon View Post
    I have had no issues with the seek option in the media player... Have watched tons of video...HQ and LQ...
    What encoder/settings do you use for HQ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast