Can anyone please help. I have a micro card inserted in my phone. the phone ... BlackBerry Bold forum

sakodanny no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Mass storeage card problem on my Bold 9700

Advertisement

Can anyone please help.
    I have a micro card inserted in my phone.
    the phone reconises the media card 7.4GB
    but i cannot sync with the blackberry desk top programme.
    It says you need to turn on the mass storage mode from the connected blackberry device to use this feature.
    I have turned on all the requirement on the phone.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    What are your media card settings on the phone? Should be in Options>Advanced Options>Media Card, i think.

many thanks, have checked your comments, but no media card details in options - advanced options ?

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Under options, does it have media card listed? Not in advanced options, just options? Also, why are you attemting to view your media card through the Blackberry desktop manager? I never used the desktop manager unless I was updating my operating system. You can hook your device up to your PC, with the desktop manager not displayed, go to the start menu on your PC, then go to computer, and you will see your OS (C) drive, your DVD ROM (D)drive and if your media card is active it will say something like SanDisk 4GB memory or something to that effect under the two drives. If your card is good, and you have mass storage enabled on it, when you connect to your PC, a window should pop up on your screen asking you if you want to view whats on the card using Windows media. Then open the card, minimize the window, open whatever folder on your PC you want to move pics or whatever from or into, and drag and drop them from the media card to that file or visa versa.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

chokem many thanks.
    the problem maybe that i do not have the media card reconised on my computer.
    I have OS (C
    Recovery (D
    DVD (E
    Could the mass storeage card be the problem it is a kingston 8GB

I have tried to download the modem drivers in ENG but an error occures;
    error 1316 a network error occured while attemting to read from file.
    please help ??

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by sakodanny View Post
    chokem many thanks.
    the problem maybe that i do not have the media card reconised on my computer.
    I have OS (C
    Recovery (D
    DVD (E
    Could the mass storeage card be the problem it is a kingston 8GB
    If you are connecting your phone via usb cable to your PC, with the media card in your device, and its not seeing it listed in your computer drives page, then it's def possible you have a bad card. Do you know someone who has a device that takes a memory card and put yours in their phone and see if it's being recognized by their device? And, have you taken your card out of your Bold, and tried to insert it directly into your PC and see if it shows up on your drives page?
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Many thanks, i cannot try the mass storeage card in my computer without an adaptor. I will order a new scandisck card and try it out.
    I have downloaded the driver it is in the bottom tray right hand side of computer, (media accelerator for mobile) is this correct ?
    I will let you know how the new card goes.
    once again many thanks for your kind assistance.

Chokem hi,
    I have tried two different media cards in my pc and they work on my pc but not on the bold, do you have any other suggestions PLEASE

DeTekMan no está en línea Stack level 1
    Im having the same problem. I have mass storage turned on but when I try to look at the files I have on my card, on my desktop, my computer doesn't recognize theres even a phone. I have all the latest updates, even BB Desktop Manager. Nothing. Any help is appreciated....