Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello, I'm a newbie and came to pinstack whilst searching for a solution to problem ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Wj18 no está en línea Stack level 1

Mass storage problem on BB9000

Advertisement

Hello, I'm a newbie and came to pinstack whilst searching for a solution to problem with mass storage on BB9000, found a posted solution on pinstack which said to run hahanew batch file and then press any key reboot close. Maybe this seems like a stupid question but how do you run a batch file, I did a search on my BB for "batch file" but nothing came up. Thnx for any help you can give

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    welcome to pinstack! what kind of problem are you experiencing?

Hi, when I connect my BB9000 to desktop manager on my mac and try to sync it tells me I need to go on mass storage mode, but I've already done that on my BB so Desktop Manager isn't recognizing it. My BB is a UK T-Mobile unlocked Bold and it works perfectly for everything else, I found a solution on Pinstack but I dont know what batch mode means or how to go about it, thnx for any help Wj

alryder no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'll be the first to admit that I know nothing about Mac's but I do not think that the fix you are trying is for the Mac OS. A batch file (.bat) is a PC file and I'm pretty sure it's not going to apply to the Mac OS.
    I hope someone will jump in and confirm if I am wrong or right.

stewea no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    headed
    As cherrichiodo said, exactly what problem are you having? How was the BB unlocked? Mass Storage problems after unlocking are usually the result of using a "non-approved" method of unlocking (engineering software). As alryder said, a batch file is a PC file, and won't run on the Mac (unless you can run Windows through BootCamp or Parallels/VMWare).

mcubed no está en línea Stack level 3
    From what I know as long as you have mass storage mode enabled on your BB your MAC will see the memory card as a drive and display it on your desktop

Hi all you wonderful people who replied to my post, the problem I'm having with my Bold is that when I connect it to my Mac BB Desktop Manager and try to Sync my playlists it says "This BB device requires mass storage mode to sync with your media card", but I've already enabled mass storage mode on my Bold, formatted the 1gb memory card etc., and even so Desktop Manager can't see it. I bought the phone unlocked so I don't know what procedure was followed to unlock it, so does this mean there is no solution unless I use a windows which I'm not familiar with? Thnx for any suggestions

PIN/ID
    headed
    When you connect your phone to your Mac (don't run DM to check this), do you get two icons on your desktop? One should say BLACKBERRY1 and the other BLACKBERRY2. BB1 is the internal phone memory, and BB2 is the memory card (if you have one in the phone). If you do, then try running DM with the phone still plugged in and see if that solves it. If you don't get these two icons, we'll have to look a bit deeper, as there is something else going on.

Hi Stewea, when I connect my BB9000 to my Mac without running DM no icons appear on my desktop and my 1GB memory card is inserted in the phone so it's not being seen by my Mac

PIN/ID
    headed
    Under Options->Memory, Enable Mass Storage Mode: should be "On", and Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: should be either "On" or "Prompt". "Prompt" will make the BB ask if you want to enable Mass Storage Mode everytime you plug the BB in to your computer (mine is set to Prompt).

If your settings are like this, and no icons show on the Mac desktop, then we'll need to look at other causes (probably the method used to unlock the BB, and use of the batch file in your first post to correct that problem), but let's start with the simple stuff first.

Steve

DAHFreedom no está en línea Stack level 1

Having the same problem

I'm having the same problem with my mac. I have Mass Storage on, and I know there's no problem with either media card I used. DM even sees the media cards but insists I don't have Mass Storage turned on. I'd appreciate the help as well.

PIN/ID
    headed
    DAHFreedom, see post above yours (just to make sure all BB settings are good). If they are set like above, then before you plug it into the Mac (DM does NOT need to be running first), pull the battery for about 30 secs, put it back in and let the phone re-boot. Once it's re-started, plug it in and the BB should prompt you to "Turn on Mass Storage" if set to Prompt, or the media card and BB internal memory should show up on the desktop.

Works for me on multiple BBs and multiple Macs.

DAHFreedom no está en línea Stack level 1

no luck

I tried pulling the battery to no avail. And yes, my settings are correct. I found one possible solution in the last post on this page:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/.../99679/page/10

Seems pretty risky considering it's a function the phone should have anyway. Does that seem plausible? Or are there any other suggestions?

PIN/ID
    headed
    That brings up the next question. Is your BB unlocked? And if so, do you know how the unlock was done? There's software out there that can be used to unlock a BB, and it often results in the Mass Storage issue you're experiencing. I haven't tried running the batch file mentioned by Wj18 (don't use Windows box), nor have I heard of the website you mentioned, so I can't give either of you any additional feedback on either. It's your call, but if it's still under warranty, take it in and get it replaced. If not, well.. You can try the link, but as it clearly states: you might brick your 'berry.

Sorry I can't be of much more assistance. Let us know how it goes which ever way you go.

Hi I just solved the problem by following the above link, got into the heart of the OS where the Mass storage aid it was OFF even though I had set it to on on the BB, so I toggled it to on and now it works fine, thnx everybody!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast