Been having some issues getting my Bold to work with my new USB car stereo. ... BlackBerry Bold forum

bigblue95z no está en línea Stack level 3

Mass Media Mode Problems

Advertisement

Been having some issues getting my Bold to work with my new USB car stereo. My g/f's Curve comes up and it finds the .mp3 files and instantly starts to play them. But with my Bold, I get an error that there is no music and, of course, there is.

I think that my problem is this:
    When the g/f's Curve(with 4GB mem card) is connected to the computer, is identified as one device and represented by one drive letter.
    But if I connect my Bold to the computer, it is listed as 2 devices represented by 2 drive letters. One is the actual device memory, the other is the memory card.
    I believe what is happening is that it is looking on the device memory to find music where there is none stored because device memory is always the lower letter of the 2.
    So my question is this:
    Is there any way to nix the device memory from showing up is mass storage mode? Does eveyone elses Bold come up in the same fashion as seperate devices? Any input would be awesome because it is pretty much the reason I sprung for the new stereo.

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    I am having the same issue with my stereo.. It worked fine with my Curve and now since I have upgraded to the Bold it does the same as yours. I have two drive letters, and it shows that way on my computer as well. I have been trying to find a fix or a work around that will work with my stereo.... I hope someone can help us out!
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........

bigblue95z no está en línea Stack level 3
    So does anyone know of a way to manipulate the phone to ONLY show the memory card in mass media mode? It would really suck to have to keep my media in separate places.

I almost want an iphone.........................

headfog no está en línea Stack level 1
    If media card (device) encryption is enabled on either Blackberry device, the other device will not be able to read the card.

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    I think the only reason I'd want a solution to this is just so that when I plug the Bold into my computer I don't get two popup windows for the different storage locations.

I guess one way around it would be for me to finally put a memory card reader in my comp and just use that instead of plugging in the whole phone to xfer files.

~via Blackberry Bold (wap.pinstack.com)~

BR3731BBB no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by headfog View Post
    If media card (device) encryption is enabled on either Blackberry device, the other device will not be able to read the card.
    Hello Headfog,

That's a very good track for my issue !
    Indeed, I can "see" the media card through the Manager provided by Roxia, when I plug my bold to the computer, no new drive is created...

Do you know the way to not set the encryption on the Blablaberry Bold (9000) ?

BR

BR3731BBB no está en línea Stack level 1
    In fact I looked further on the memory options. Everyone is as it supposed to be (memory card visible, no encrypted, prompt...) Nethertheless, I still can't see the expected 2 devices represented by 2 drive letters...

Thank you for your help I you have any idea.

BR