Hey all, So I went to install Mapquest Navigator and I got an error on ... BlackBerry Bold forum

adamjay79 no está en línea Stack level 3

Mapquest Navigator NOT SUPPORTED

Advertisement

Hey all,

So I went to install Mapquest Navigator and I got an error on my Bold saying it is not supported with my phone. Has anyone else had this problem, and does anyone have a fix?

pcwizpcwiz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32ae40a5
    Call their support number volunteer to beta test a version for the bold. Maybe they can help you.

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More
    On ATT it's because they want u to subscribe to ATT Navigator - Google Maps works fine as well

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

SanaTizer no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249e3b2f
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Same problem here. No going to the AT&T 10 bucks a month plan when I have a year subscription from Mapquest

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    Has anyone tried the Garmin one?

adamjay79 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Looks like I will have to call mapquest and cancel and get a refund.

PIN/ID
    249e3b2f
    I've just downloaded the garmin mobile navigator and will see if it rates up to the mapquest. although I already paid for the 1 yr subscription of mapquest at half the price of the garmin by the way. I'll post more later on the 3 day eval of the garmin later.

Typhoid no está en línea Stack level 2
    The $10 per month is for telenav, not gps access. Gps will work on whatever app uses it. Garmin is good but lacks the features and ease of use as Telenav. I use them both.

g_lopez no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    249E4CF5
    Same issue here. I bought and downloaded the Garmin application and took it for test drive yesterday. The 3D map looks good, the interface is user friendly and it has an auto day/night mode. It offers several additional services that are very useful. I have an issue with the voice quality and I find that it's not as clear as Mapquest Nav, but I guess I'll have to get use to it. I had 3 months left in my Mapquest subscription but, oh well. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

dec3169 no está en línea Stack level 1

Email response from Mapquest on the Bold

So I had the same problem as you guys, and actually just bought Navigator back in July for a Curve (lost the Curve with my last job...). I emailed them to swap my subscription to my new personal bold and got this email back... For reference I got this email on 11/06/2008 10:24 AM. If they are right we should have a Bold release very soon. I didn't ask about a BETA version though - I'm testing Garmin and AT&T in the mean time - free GPS for long enough to get me through.

FWIW, I hate the AT&T stuff for the same reason I don't like the Garmin - the audio isn't loud enough. With AT&T Telnav at least you can pair a BT headset and get the audio but you always miss the first second due to the BT re-pairing on each spoken direction. How difficult would it be for them to put either a beep or one second whisper when BT is being used? Garmin doesn't even have that, and is nothing like my Streetpilot. Mapquest is the way to go when it is ready for the bold. Anyway, hopefully this helps someone and keeps them from paying for one of the other services when Mapquest is imminent.

[QUOTED EMAIL]
    Unfortunately the Blackberry Bold is different from any other previous device and there is no version of our software that is currently compatible. We are developing and testing a build for this device and expect that this version will be ready in the next 2 weeks. Once this new version is released we will update our website and it will be made available for immediate download. We apologize for this delay and ask for your patience regarding this release.

Thank you for your interest in MapQuest(r) Navigator. We look forward to driving with you!

MapQuest(r) Navigator Support
    [END QUOTE]

klgmd no está en línea Stack level 3

Reaching Support

Has anyone recently successfully reached Mapquest Navigator support? I also have a Mapquest subscription from June 2008 and upgraded from Curve to BOLD> There does appear to be a BOLD version on their website and it installed fine on my BOLD. The problem is it will not "connect" with my gps. I suspect this is because I need a registration number. As you might expect the Registration number for my Curve Mapquest does not work on my BOLD Mapquest. Sounds simple, huh? Just get a new Registration number tied to the new PIN on the BOLD> Problem is it has been one week of daily emails and have not had a reply from them yet. In the meantime I am using the 30day free TeleNav ATT trial, but it is not nearly as good as the Mapquest Navigator in my opinion. I even tried phoning Customer Support and received a recording which basically told me I had to go through the website or leave a voicemessage with the question and my email address....and they would reply by email.. I am still waiting for a return email. Very frustrating.

PIN/ID
    249e3b2f
    Where is this Bold link at? I'd love to try it on mine. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~