Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I'm not Roger, but I'll answer anyway. I use Outlook as my mail client and ... BlackBerry Bold forum

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more

Advertisement

I'm not Roger, but I'll answer anyway.

I use Outlook as my mail client and despise webmail. There is no easy way to sync Outlook with an Android device. I have no desire to use Google Sync (especially since I have 5 email accounts, not just Gmail), nor do I wish to pay for a service to sync Outlook, such as Companionlink.

I despise iTunes and will never install it on any PC I own, so that rules out iPhone.

Windows Phone 7 lacks important features I need at this time.

Therefore, I am staying with BlackBerry, since it provides the best sync with Outlook.
    Last edited by lak611; 05-21-2011 at 01:44 AM. Reason: added information

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    ^^Nevertheless, you do still have to install desktop manager from RIM to backup your device unless you don't really care much for your phone crashing and its contents, just saying since you're bringing up valid points about third party applications to make your device be it Droid/iSmackotherphones/ or bb's
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    ^^Nevertheless, you do still have to install desktop manager from RIM to backup your device unless you don't really care much for your phone crashing and its contents, just saying since you're bringing up valid points about third party applications to make your device be it Droid/iSmackotherphones/ or bb's
    That is true. I use encrypted backups.

My gripes with iTunes has nothing to do with the iPhone itself. I dislike iTunes in general. I purchase music from amazon.com, and I have an emusic subscription. I drag and drop my songs from my HD to my BlackBerry media card using Windows Explorer. I do not use DM media sync.

DM is just for backups/Outlook sync.

I use Apploader to load an new OS, not DM. I do not use OTA updates, in fact I deleted OTA update from my BBOS.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    ^^An avid Stack Pro would know these sorta things about his/her device but we must admit that not everyone knows how to use their devices to their full potential and instead drool about their capabilities for the color of the housing/the pretty widgets or simply bbmessenger forgetting about why the device is called a smartphone to begin with.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    ^^An avid Stack Pro would know these sorta things about his/her device but we must admit that not everyone knows how to use their devices to their full potential and instead drool about their capabilities for the color of the housing/the pretty widgets or simply bbmessenger forgetting about why the device is called a smartphone to begin with.
    You are absolutely correct.

Each user has different needs for his/her smartphone, and what works best for one person might not work for another person.

It is important for a user to do a lot of research to find out what features are important and what is supported best, no matter which platform he/she wants to use.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I dont see how you could be mad at RIM for anything like that, when you bought the 9780 you bought what you saw and you probably loved it. I just picked one up yesterday fully knowing that it wouldn't be getting BB OS 7 simply because I loved the 9780 form factor and I had no problem with the current features in BB OS 6.
    Granted it's not cool that their latest flagship will not be getting an updated OS (reminds me of the HTC HD2 situation) but they never made any promises about it either.
    I carry an iP4 and a 9780 and I LOVE both of them for different reasons (daily PHONE driver is 9780, daily MEDIA/Browser is iP4).

All in all, love what you have and dont wish for what you dont!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I'm not mad because by the time the new OS comes out, I may or may not have a BB anymore. I have been eyeballing several Android slider phones coming to/already on T-Mobile/AT&T.

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    Im not mad at RIM either. They forced me to the i4, and I couldn't be happier (except with an i5).
    This comment made my day chokem haha

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by smooth10 View Post
    This comment made my day chokem haha
    Buhwawawawa!!!
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    Im not mad at RIM either. They forced me to the i4, and I couldn't be happier (except with an i5).
    I'd like to think I had a small hand in you jumping ship lol.
    Apple iPhone 5C 16gb (Green)

Follow Me on Twitter

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by bmay82 View Post
    I'd like to think I had a small hand in you jumping ship lol.
    Indeed.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12