Hi - Re: new software upgrade to 6.0 bundle 2534 v6.0.0.570 I have a BB ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Osprey no está en línea Stack level 2

Major Problems with new Software upgrade - please help !!

Advertisement

Hi -

Re: new software upgrade to 6.0 bundle 2534 v6.0.0.570

I have a BB Bold 9700, via Carphone Warehouse on O2 (UK).

I just downloaded this software update via the desktop manager. It has changed several things I did not wish to change, some of them without any explanation as to how to revert to what I had before. Some of these glitches I am discovering as I go along, some I can just about work out how to remedy. But for others.....

One thing it did is duplicate all my calendar entries, using different email addresses as default calendar addresses. I never had this with the previous software. Also, I am having trouble entering a new calendar entry on a day where there is already an "all day" entry.

I guess the more we rely on these little machines for everything, the more we suffer when things go wrong. Does anyone have any clues as to what to do ? Carphone Warehouse could not help and accessing anyone at BB seems impossible. I wish BB would test these updates more thoroughly and/or at least offer comprehensive guidelines to customers alongside the downloads.

Thanks in advance for your help.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Are you syncing with Outlook or another client? You should clear all your calendar entries and start from scratch, making sure the Default Services settings match our Outlook e-mail address.

Osprey no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks RogerG for your reply. Is the process you recommend easy enough or should I look for guidance as to executing this correctly ?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Easy enough with Desktop Manager.

Connect to the PC and launch DM. Choose "Device" in the upper left, then Delete data from your options. Once the window opens, choose "Selected data" then scroll down to where you see Calendar and Calendar - All. Select those, then press the Delete button on the bottom of the screen. Done!

As for checking your default services, go to Options>Device>Advanced System Settings>Default Services. Make sure both entries are set to your Outlook e-mail address.