Last night my bold2 started to not connect with either of my laptops...so I rebooted ... BlackBerry Bold forum

sdeeter19555 no está en línea Stack level 2

major crash

Advertisement

Last night my bold2 started to not connect with either of my laptops...so I rebooted using a battery pull. At first, I thought it was a bad USB cable, but I switched a couple around...no change.

Then it refused to reboot, hanging about 2/3 through. I pulled the battery again...and it wiped itself and reset clear back to day one. It lost everything.

I had to redo everything. Everything. Restoring it only brought part of my things back (database).

Its more less back to normal. I did determine that you need to reboot after restoring. Nothing will show restored until then.

Hopefully this is not a sign of things to come. It wasn't bad enough, but I leave for a three week job tomorrow, and it had all my contacts!

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    It's a pity it happened, and not at all usual of a 9700. I dare ask, did you download any application that might have caused this ? A theme perhaps ?
    The lesson is that you must habitually do a backup of all your data, at least weekly, so you can recover from something like this.
    How about sync with Outlook ? You could have your contacts safeguarded this way.
    There are some applications (see BB Application World) that will remotely back up your data to a server. Also very useful in a situation like this.
    I'm glad you got your 9700 back though !

sdeeter19555 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I did have it "backed up" using desktop.

I haven't added or changed anything since I installed berryweather two weeks ago...

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    BeWeather shouldn't be the problem ! It was something else then... Even DM could be blamed !can't figure it out - the OS 5.0 is stable compared to others. Hope it doesn't happen again!

manx driver no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Scary, and good that you do regular backups. Let that be a headsup for those who don't do backups. Whether it's a smartphone or pc, disaster is likely to strike some day...

P.S. I LOVE my 9700, and so far so good! I went through 4 8900s before we figured out it was a bad battery, but I've had no problems with the 9700 -- my best BB so far!
    Last edited by manx driver; 02-14-2010 at 12:16 PM.