I keep having this problem where when I (unknowingly) have a low battery on my ... BlackBerry Bold forum

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4

Low Battery during calls

Advertisement

I keep having this problem where when I (unknowingly) have a low battery on my 9700 and I get a call, after a while the phone shuts off without warning. Then I have to wait FOREVER for the red light to come back on, the phone to boot up, etc. I'm used to the radio being turned off during a call so that I can charge the phone within minutes and be right back on the call.

So, is this normal in 5.0 and does anyone else have this problem? I don't remember it happening back on 4.6 with the 9000 but it is SUPER annoying...
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

Thyth no está en línea Stack level 3
    Sounds like a problem with the battery itself. The cell voltage is what's used to calculate the actual remaining watt-hour capacity. If the voltage is dipping (or falling off) under high current (say on a call), I could see how it would trigger a low battery message or device shutoff. If it's indeed the battery, it could be a damaged cell, where the battery protection circuit (which stops the battery from exploding or catching fire) is tripping.
    Need an eScreen code? Try my generator: http://absolous.wavegap.com/projects/escreen/

miltw3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    What OS are you using? Sounds like a problem I was having. Doesn't seem to happen after upgrading to version .656

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    I'm using .593 right now, and it's happened on every 5.0 OS that's been on my phone since I bought it. Maybe it is my battery... I've downloaded a battery status app and it's showing that the voltage is at 3758 mV but I have no factory info to measure it against.
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)