Hi, Experiencing problems with BB maps after an upgrade to OS 6.0, I re-downloaded it ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Lyonel no está en línea Stack level 1

Lost icon : BB Map

Advertisement

Hi,
    Experiencing problems with BB maps after an upgrade to OS 6.0, I re-downloaded it from BB Apworld on my 9700. The icon disappeared along with one of two other Apps> Twice again I tried unsuccessfully to reload again the mapping add.
    Can somebody help me?
    Thanks

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Hi, sorry it took so long to respond. I haven't had a Berry in a while, but I'll try to help. First of all if you haven't yet, pull your battery out for a few seconds and put it back in, this will allow your device to do a hard reset. Also, are you sure the icon isn't stored in another folder such as downloads or applications? I know when I used to DL a third party app, I would have to physically move it to my home screen from one of these folders. If that doesn't help, post back and a device pro will help.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Hi,
    Thank you for your quick response!
    I visited all the folders and did many hard resets with the same results. In fact, many icons are missing like Documents to go and three or for apps that appears in the list of apps installed. (Options>Terminal>Gestion d'applications).
    Thanks again.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Hmmm. Sorry I can't be of more help. Hopefully one of our device pros will chime in soon and get you on the right track.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Hey Lyonel! Was this an automatic upgrade you did? Meaning, Desktop Manager prompted you for the upgrade when you connected?

Kind of sounds like maybe some boxes were unchecked when the new software loaded.

Hi!
    The upgrade was not automatic. All the apps were installed. I downloaded some apps after the upgrade in order to force a new installation. They are installed on the terminal, as listed on BB Dessktop Manager. Only their icons are missing.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    So if you go into the Applications Manager on your device, the apps are there, but the icons are missing?

Correct.
    I deleted BB Maps from the Applications Manager and did a fresh download from RIM. The application was re-installed, not the icon.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Hi Lyonel, just wondered are you with ATT, 'cos they don't allow people to use BB Maps, or rather they stop the Icon being installed, since they like to sell you ATT Navigator, or ATT Maps. There are options out there, for example there was a launcher that was written for OS 5, but I couldn't get it to work for OS 6. I actually gave up on BB Maps, and use Google Maps which works far better, gives you a satelite view and street view, plus I have found that it sometimes finds places that even my Garmin system can't find! Bing Maps is also useful, both items are free to download, and both make use of the GPS on the phone in addition to triangulation on cell phone towers. Google maps has a nice feature that is working very well now, which shows your location on the map and tracks you as you move.

It is strange that the other applications are not showing up, on my phone when it upgraded it made a whole load of folders which it placed the various icon launchers in, which was a little annoying.