I did an update to a new OS and I lost Host Routing table. Can ... BlackBerry Bold forum

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG

Lost Host Routing Table

Advertisement

I did an update to a new OS and I lost Host Routing table. Can anyone tell me how to get it back or the last result is to whip and reinstall. I am not wanting to do that, but it may seem that I have too!
    Can anyone give me another alternative???

Thank you iin advance for your assistance.......
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Have you tried a battery pull? Other than reinstalling I don't have any idea how to get it back because I don't believe resending service books would correct this but could be worth a try. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    Have you tried a battery pull? Other than reinstalling I don't have any idea how to get it back because I don't believe resending service books would correct this but could be worth a try. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I am going to try the battery pull, but I have done this twice. But sending the services books is not going to work until your registered through the Host Routing Table first, then your able to send the Service Books...
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

VR
    VR no está en línea Stack level 3
    Menu_options_advanced options_host routing table.

Click menu and you have the option to resend~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    Menu_options_advanced options_host routing table.

Click menu and you have the option to resend~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

YEs, but you have to select one..... but for me there is nothing in the list to have resent. Usually there is one that is in BOLD, but I have nothing in the list!

applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3
    Never mind. My thing was a Verizon thought...

On Verizon when this happened, I had to dial *228 and choose option 1 to re-program my phone. Then waiting until it re-registered itself. However, I think that's a Verizon thing only. Maybe calling your provider and having them check to make sure the phone is registered on the network?
    Last edited by applejosh; 12-28-2008 at 01:01 PM.
    applejosh
    iPhone 4 (AT&T)
    OS 4.3

PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    Quote Originally Posted by applejosh View Post
    Call can not be completed as dialed! This is the message that I get when I dial it from my BOLD.... What is this for anyways???

applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by stnkyq2 View Post
    Call can not be completed as dialed! This is the message that I get when I dial it from my BOLD.... What is this for anyways???
    Verizon probably does things differently (like everything else). So, my suggestion won't work. Sorry. I'm still waiting for that first cup of coffee to hit my system. (Maybe sometime soon, I can have a better understanding of AT&T (and other GSM providers' systems) if I can convince the wife that I need to jump Verizon (in the middle of a contract) because of inconsistent, lousy signal, etc.)
    applejosh
    iPhone 4 (AT&T)
    OS 4.3

VR
    VR no está en línea Stack level 3
    That is a cdma way of programming your phone or updating the PRL
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    YEs, but you have to select one..... but for me there is nothing in the list to have resent. Usually there is one that is in BOLD, but I have nothing in the list!
    If you are able to get into host routing table all you have to do is hit menu then register. I missunderstood your OP as saying you didn't have host routing tables option on your device at all.

PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    Quote Originally Posted by applejosh View Post

On Verizon when this happened, I had to dial *228 and choose option 1 to re-program my phone. Then waiting until it re-registered itself. However, I think that's a Verizon thing only. Maybe calling your provider and having them check to make sure the phone is registered on the network?
    This is very funny.... I called ATT and they told me that since I am using Desktop 4.7 has corrupted my BOLD and I have to downgrade to 4.6 for them to further assist me. Then they tell me to call back after I do this.. WTF........ I told them to re-register me on the network, because the desktop Manager has nothing to do with Host Routing Table..... Where do they find these HD agents???

PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    If you are able to get into host routing table all you have to do is hit menu then register. I missunderstood your OP as saying you didn't have host routing tables option on your device at all.
    I have the Housting Routing table option, but there is nothing in the list to Register!

PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    Thank you to everyone... I registered it from the host Routing Table that was suggested. I should have a little more patience... It finally registered...

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Thank you to everyone... I registered it from the host Routing Table that was suggested. I should have a little more patience... It finally registered...
    Glad you got it worked out.

bglawrence no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2746CB17
    send service books