Is there a way to retreat lost email?? I dont know if it automatically deletes ... BlackBerry Bold forum

bigace21 no está en línea Stack level 1

Lost Email

Advertisement

Is there a way to retreat lost email??

I dont know if it automatically deletes itself or if its lost after my phone shuts down on its own.

my text messages are still there after it restarts. but i didnt notice emails cause i dont use email as much from the phone.

please help!

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Are these emails on a web based email or emails from you BB email account?

bb account

brianjr1988 no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    no but bigace would u could do is log into your carriers bis site and from there edit the blackberry email settings and for the Auto forward to: put in a diff email so a copy is always sent to another email so if u happen to remove it u still have that back up one
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for the good info!

do emails delete after a certain time period???

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Yes, there are a number of reasons your e-mails could be deleted.

If you go into a Messages folder, then press the BB menu button, scroll down to Options and select that. A list of options will appear. If you go into General Options and scroll to the bottom, you'll see an option for how long to keep the messages on your device. Change that to whatever you feel comfortable with.

You might also want to check the space left on your device. If you're running low on space, this could cause e-mails, texts, etc to be deleted off your device. It's the device's way of doing its own housekeeping.

From the homescreen, go to Options>Status and check the File Free reading. Once you get below 10mb, you can experience this "housekeeping". There are a number of ways to prevent this from happening, which requires you to do some housekeeping of your own.

1. Remove themes, applications, e-mails, texts, etc that you no longer need.
    2. Clear out your browser cache.....open the browser, press the BB menu button, scroll to Options>Cache Operations, then clear all that out.
    3. Clear your Event Log.....from the homescreen, press and hold the left ALT button, then type LGLG, which brings up your event log. Press the BB menu button, then select Clear Log.
    4. Memory Cleaning.....go to Options>Security Options>Memory Cleaning, press the BB menu button and select Clean Now.

There are a few to get you started. Once you've done all that, do a soft reset or a battery pull to re-allocate your disk space.

ifeuma no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    256219c5
    Quote Originally Posted by bigace21 View Post
    Is there a way to retreat lost email??

I dont know if it automatically deletes itself or if its lost after my phone shuts down on its own.

my text messages are still there after it restarts. but i didnt notice emails cause i dont use email as much from the phone.

please help!
    Well, @RoGro has given a lot of guidance but I'll still add a few comments...

From your email inbox menu goto options - General options - then scroll down to "keep messages:" and select the length of time you want to keep your emails on the device.

On the other hand, if you're using a 83xx series Curve etc. Those devices are known to automatically delete messages to free up memory (like RoGro mentioned), regardless of the settings I described earlier.

Use @ReGro's workaround to manage the problem.

Best of luck.
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.266 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/120