I just upgraded to 5.0 (and later went back to 4.6 though I may upgrade ... BlackBerry Bold forum

drjamie03 no está en línea Stack level 3

Lost all 3rd party apps

Advertisement

I just upgraded to 5.0 (and later went back to 4.6 though I may upgrade again) and all went well-except that I lost all of my third party apps and themes. I've tried different backups (ones made woth both 4.6 and 5.0) but I still don't have my apps. When I use BB Desktop OR apploader, they're just not there. I tried going back to 4.6 and using the backup that was made just before I upgraded (which was made when I had 4.6 installed) but no luck. Any ideas?

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    go to the advanced tab of your backup/restore, they should be in there-I hope
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    Check your PM box drjamie03

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    A normal backup/restore does not back up 3rd party apps. Did you maybe disconnect too soon before it had the chance to restore everything? Or did you do a full wipe 1st with bbsak or JL_Cmder 1st? That would remove them so they would not be put back following the OS install. Did you get any kind of errors?

I have done restores lots of times and the third party apps DID get restored! So I'm not sure why that didn't happen this time...or why it did happen before. I'm pretty sure I didn't disconnect it too soon...and I didn't do a full wipe...and no errors. Is it possible this could be a Windows 7 thing??

Normally, when you upgrade or downgrade your OS, there is a temporary backup file that contains all your 3rd party apps...so yes normally they would be restored during that process....but I have occasionally had errors where they were not restored. And since your routine backup does not include 3rd party apps, that's why trying to get them back with one of your old backups doesn't work. I don't know if it could be windows 7 related or if it's just one of those occasional flukes where things just don't go right.

For the future, here's one way to do a backup that does save all your 3rd party apps: http://forums.pinstack.com/f73/how_t...ty_apps-98799/
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Thanks, everyone. Nothing thus far has worked. I appreciate the info on backing up third party apps, azstar (and everyone thus far has gotten trust points, by the way). I guess now the task is figuring out where I bought all those apps! Thanks, impak875. I may PM you soon!

Quote Originally Posted by impak875 View Post
    Check your PM box drjamie03
    Secrets? Lol

kayhites717 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    ^^ hears the tune to "secret lovers" playing in the conversation bubble above her head. Lol. Just kidding, Impak. I don't know about windows 7, Azstar is the expert on using DM on the most recent versions of windows and what not, I use windows xp home edition and DM 4.6, and when I go to the backup/restore on my DM, it gives me an option to just create a backup of my third party apps only. I have it saved on my hard drive. Word of the wise, for future, make sure you keep all of ur reg codes for ur third party apps. Because even tho u back them up, 9 times out of ten you will have to re-register, and if you don't have all those codes, it can be a major pain in the bum (I speak from experience) so, from now on, I save all my reg codes in my pw keeper. (Oh and make a backup of that too.... DAD hmmhmm...) Okay. Good luck jamie.

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Secrets? Lol
    No secrets... just have a lot of themes/apps/games saved as offline OTAs for multiple devices... just looking to help a fellow Stacker out...

Quote Originally Posted by kayhites717 View Post
    ^^ hears the tune to "secret lovers" playing in the conversation bubble above her head. Lol. Just kidding, Impak
    OH NO Kay... LMFAO! drjamie03 if you purchased your apps through Mobihand, which most BlackBerry fansites go through, just log into your account and select "swap to another version" then select the 5.0 version of the theme/app/game and submit.... if you did not purchase through Mobihand you may want to message the developer directly to see if they would be willing to send you the link for the updated version compatible with your OS... I had to do this with all my themes once I switched from the Bold 9000 to the Tour 9630... most developers were o.k. with sending me updated links, some did not... it was a 95% success for me... great thing about Mobihand is it stores your reg keys so no need to remember them... one word to the wise, save them in MemoPad or something just to be safe and use something like OTA Loader to make offline OTAs of every theme, app, game if at all possible...