Every time I plug my Bold into my computer, the home screen image gets set ... BlackBerry Bold forum

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne

Loss of Home Screen Image

Advertisement

Every time I plug my Bold into my computer, the home screen image gets set back to something on the device memory, rather than the image set from my microSD card. This same thing happened with my Curve. However, when I unplugged my Curve, the image would revert back to what it was set (from my microSD card)...the Bold does not go back to the image I had set and I have to manually go and reselect the image from my pictures as my home screen image.

I realize that I can copy the image I want to the device memory, but why doesnt it work without having to do that (like the Curve did)?

Is this a bug?
    Last edited by jzarowitz; 12-01-2008 at 07:57 PM.

mikedoan no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have had the same issue. I have to go back and reassign the image as the wallpaper.
    BB 7100g (R.I.P.)
    BB Pearl 8100 (R.I.P.)
    BB BOLD 9000 (on the shelf)
    BB STORM (R.I.P.)

iPhone4

8800bruin no está en línea Stack level 3
    It's not a bug. This happens when your are in Mass Storage Mode. You cannot access anything on your microSD card from your berry. You need to do it from your PC, which is why your background and probably any customer tones you have on the card will default back to standard ones on the device memory.

I just leave Mass Storage Mode off and that eliminates the problem.

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~the reason I called it a bug is because when I had a curve, this didn't happen. Upon unplugging from my pc, the curve would go back to how I had it set. The bold does not. It reverts to oem status.

Quote Originally Posted by jzarowitz View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~the reason I called it a bug is because when I had a curve, this didn't happen. Upon unplugging from my pc, the curve would go back to how I had it set. The bold does not. It reverts to oem status.
    That is correct... came from a pearl and it would revert back to image on media card storage for wall paper automatically after disconnected from PC
    BB 7100g (R.I.P.)
    BB Pearl 8100 (R.I.P.)
    BB STORM (R.I.P.)

iPhone4

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.
    The Bold has 1GB internal memory... I recommend uploading your main ringtones/wallpapers to that space.

Leave Mass Storage Mode: ON -- yes you heard me right leave it ON and use your internal 1GB memory.
    dcrin3.com
    One Second Coming
    1s-
    Tour - 9/6/9 | ~3pm

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    you could do as pinpoint suggested ^^ and you are right, that is a bug within the OS to not revert back.

Quote Originally Posted by pinpoint View Post
    The Bold has 1GB internal memory... I recommend uploading your main ringtones/wallpapers to that space.

Leave Mass Storage Mode: ON -- yes you heard me right leave it ON and use your internal 1GB memory.
    I actually do exactly that, and it doesn't stop it from happening.
    BB 7100g (R.I.P.)
    BB Pearl 8100 (R.I.P.)
    BB STORM (R.I.P.)

iPhone4