Ok, I know it's not the end of the world but it is annoying. Each ... BlackBerry Bold forum

snowmonkey no está en línea Stack level 2

Losing wallpaper each time I sync

Advertisement

Ok, I know it's not the end of the world but it is annoying. Each time I sync I lose the photo I'd saved as my wallpaper. It doesn't help that when I reload it, depsite saying 'fit to screen' it doesn't.

Any clues why it keeps being wiped when I sync?

TIA
    SM

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    where do you have the image saved? and when you say sync, do you mean using the roxio media manager or Windows Media Manager? I tend to do the drag/drop method when adding media so not 100% sure what method you are using and why its deleting.

Hi Cherrichiodo

When I dock my BB two drives pop up - 'Blackberry1' and 'Blackberry2' - both with different folders under them and I've never understood why. Anyway, my pictures usually save (as default) under the 'Blackberry1' / home / user / pictures.

The shot I had as my wallpaper I'd removed, from the BB as I hadn't thought it had to remain on as the one caller ID pic I have has not disappeared despite not being on the BB (if it is, it's hidden somewhere else !). Perhaps this is where I'm going wrong and the reason I lose the wallpaper image when docking the BB is due to the fact the pic has been removed (sounds obvious now I say it but was banking on it behaving in same way as the caller ID image).

Re. syncing - I use the BB Desktop Manager.

Not sure if any of this info actually helps !

SM

keylewm no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20FBD49C
    All of my pictures are saved on a SD card. When I sync my phone does the same thing, replaces my wallpaper with the stock one. When I reboot the phone (alt, right shift, del) my wallpaper is restored the way I had it before.

Id try saving that one wallpaper image to the phone, not the SD card and see if that helps. Otherwise, if its on your card, reboot after you sync.

Hope this helps.

So, having saved the photo back onto my BB, my wallpaper's still reverting to the 'factory' setting each time I sync.

Anyone got any clues ?

TIA
    SM