Just to see how it works. I love my Bold but always wanting to try ... BlackBerry Bold forum

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way

Long time Bold user switching to Javelin

Advertisement

Just to see how it works. I love my Bold but always wanting to try new devices. Was wondering if othe rBold users had done the same. The 8900 seems to have everything except the 3G and in Jacksonville, my Bold is getting less and less 3G and more EDGE lately. I am also getting dropped calls on 3G where I NEVER used to. I even fired up my Roger Bold and it is doing the same thing.

Just wondering what other have experienced if they have tried the 8900
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Cool man, I just can't give up 3G as it works great here in greenville. The keypad is also another thing I wouldn't want to give up. I'm holding out for the Storm v2. Let us know how it compares
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

PIN/ID
    No Way
    Yep the keyboard will be smaller but I learned long ago that with a little time I can get used to anything as long as it has REAL buttons. My BB is mainly for email and phone services with an occasional image and 3G will not spped any of that up anyway
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

JT Stringfellow no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2159AB3B
    I have..I left ATT and went to TMO and bought the 8900...I still use my Bold the most although I can't get 3G the curve is still a nice phone the keys r small but I still use my Bold on and off.I left ATT cause of there prices..

PIN/ID
    No Way
    I tried T-Mo but even though the T-Mo map shows excellent reception at my house and office, I had to go outside to make and receive calls.

I use the family plan for me and my key employees of 5 Blackberrys and it is quite reasonable.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

benritmeyer no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Got to say I was a Bold™ man and thought I'd never leave it. Popped my SIM into my 8900 and have never looked back, I prefer the more "hollow" click the 8900 has. Its also a lot smaller, whenever I have to use my Bold™ now it feels so big.

3G doesn't really add much when your talking just your basic BlackBerry messaging needs (email, IM, Facebook etc)

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    I was using the 8900 first then switched to the Bold. I didn't have a real reason to switch. Just wanted to try the Bold. I like the bigger screen and keys. I have fat fingers for a girl so the Bold is great for me. The 8900 is an awesome device and I don't think anyone who tries it would regret it. It's ans awesome size.

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    I tried the Javelin, I couldn't get use to the keys. I like the Bold Keyboard too much.

The other thing I found was the response on the Bold seems a lot quicker (not browser related).

Just flipping from screen to screen, the Bold seems to respond a lot faster.

PIN/ID
    No Way
    It only took about 20 minutes and I was packing it back into the box. Hugged my Bold and promissed never to let another phone turn my head again.

While the 8900 is a nice phone, if you have used the Bold, it just will not do. Smaller screen and keyboard along with somewhat "sluggish" performance . . . well there is no going back!
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    They're both great phones, and I personally prefer the 8900. The small size and feel of it is perfect for me; the Bold is just a bit too ginormous.
    -Tim

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    I am still rockin my bold.... love the bigger keyboard, 3G, its big... but that really doens't bother me that much. The biggest beef I had with my 83xx curve was the small keyboard so I wont be going back.

PIN/ID
    No Way
    My biggest beef with my Bold from AT&T is it was staying on EDGE too much and phone conversations were breaking up of even being dropped. I can honestly say that before the last few months, I could not remember when I had a dropped call or ever saw EDGE on my AT&T Bold.

After the 8900 came and went, I fired up my original Rogers Bold which has much less use than my AT&T model and I am back to 3G all the time and no more EDGE. This leads me to think my AT&T Bold was developing a "problem".

Time will tell.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL